finding it hard not to wean

mummy2be xx

Reaction score
So yes i know its now meant to be 6 months before u wean but i think my LO is really needing it. Hes showing all the signs off bein ready and hes started goin off his milk. Wat should i do. Hes only just turned 3 months at the start of the month x

Wait.

Just my opinion of course but I think it's way too early. They don't advise us to wean at 6 months for no reason. The baby's digestive system is not mature enough to handle solids at 3 months.

Even if weaning 'early' it is never recommended before 17 weeks.

This is normal Hun, a lot if babies go through a fussy phase x

Try hungry baby milk, or comfort milk x

At 12 weeks babys gut cant digest solids meaning they can't get nutrients from solids, meaning all the nutrients just pass through and there is no benefit to them. Baby will then not want milk cause they will be full x

teething can happen anytime and can put them off their milk, id say look for other reasons why hes gone off milk

there are no specific signs that a baby is ready to wean what so ever eating their hands could mean teething, watching us eat can mean they are inquisitive.......unless baby is grabbing off your plate and eating then no baby isn't ready.......we weaned at 17 weeks due to reflux no earlier.............at this age they go off milk they like to test boundaries, baby won't go hungry x

I had same probs at that age and i just fed when baby wanted it. Mine is 19 weeks now and im just starting to introuduce foods slowly. x

Babies at that age can def go through a fussy stage, 3 months is way too early hun. Just wait another 4 weeks and slowly start with something like babyrice once a day to see if he's able to swallow solid food off a spoon. When I first did it to Max he automatically took to it so I continued for 5 days and then really slowly went from there xxx

I started weaning at 18 weeks due to lactose allergy and Albert not being satisfied unless feeding every hour. His nutritionist said their kidneys and digestive system are very sensitive up to a year old so what they can have and when is important to stick to otherwise you can cause damage and promote allergies/intolerances. Definitely look into hungry baby or comfort milk xxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back