Finally something is starting to happen

babsi

Reaction score
Just been to the doctors, everything is fine, head still not engaged but cervix is finally open, 1cm dilated. Doctor said that it will be around a week now, what are other people's experiences with this?

Also I haven't had my show yet, should I have done as the cervix is open? (I wished I had asked this but only thought of it on the way back)

Sounds like you are on your way hun, great news.

I thought you got your show once the cervix started softening and opening, but then again i didn't notice i had one with Amy as it came in one big lump and i flushed it without knowing!!

It varies in different times hun depending on your body.

Hope things go fast for you, you could go in tonight
:D :D :D

Hello

That is such good news if you go in soon you could be the start of the Jan babies as we are all still waiting.... Good luck!!!
Katrina

Have we had any January born babies yet?

It's a race!!! But who will win?!! Lol :lol:

cool babsi!

dont worry about not having a show, you may have flushed it without knowing.

my cervix has started to open too, hope you have your baby soon! :D

xx

Thanks, I didn't realise it could be that fast, the doctor seemed so sure it would be a week, hopefully he is being a little too cautious.

Now another question, which may sound stupid, is the best sign to have in some ways as all I have had the last 2 weeks is period pains in the back and some BH's but mainly in my lower back.

Hopefully it will be soon now.

Same here, i have had period pain front and back for the last few weeks, it will have been your cervix softening and dilating causing it.

At least your on the right side of it now! :D :D :D

Thanks, I really thought nothing was happening the last 2 weeks and it was one of those things, and had an internal 2 weeks ago and nothing changed and was expecting today would be the same.

I hope one of us goes in soon, there doesn't seem to be many babies atm lol

no there doesn't!!

Watch it be our luck that we all go days between each other! who's going to start the cycle :shock:

Watch this space....................... Lol :lol:

Thought something was going to happen last night, got some really bad back pains but nothing and it has gone away now :( Since the beginning of the week am in pain when I walk specially in my stomach, had this when I walked a little bit but now it is just getting up to go to the toilet.

Please be soon!!!!

I am now beginning to get a cold, trying to take as much vitamin C as possible.

I have been getting tightenings every 20 mins since 5.00pm

they are not hurting tho, just tight so im guessing they are just braxon hicks rather than contractions :(

layla said:
I have been getting tightenings every 20 mins since 5.00pm

they are not hurting tho, just tight so im guessing they are just braxon hicks rather than contractions :(

Hope it's the real thing Layla!

me too!

im due for the next tightening in the next few mins, fingers crossed.

will keep you posted

Good luck layla, someone needs to start the cycle off!! Lol

i'm getting alot of tightenings but they don't hurt too much so i know i'm not going to be soon. :(

Fingers crossed Hun :D :D :D

P.s Wouldn't it be wierd if you did start today, didn't you have your others at 39 weeks!! :shock: spooky

still getting them, but no pain, not sure whats going on.

yeah had my other two at 39 weeks.

making chilli now and got some fresh pineapple cut up ready to eat for later, plus cuddles with Jase, so hopefuly something will happen lol

I have had it all tonight, cuddles haven't seemed to do anything for me and for all the pain it gives me i am not going to try again either i have had it 3 times a day for a week!! Lol
I have got a pineapple tonight i am going to try ( i heard you are supposed to have loads before it will do anything though!) i have had a steaming hot bath and i can't think of anything else, so i am going to give up from this point, it's making me feel worse that nothing is happening and it is making me more irratable which isn't fair on OH and Amy- if it's going to happen then it will if it's not i'll just be induced. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back