Finally some hope!

Littleperson

Reaction score
Got our first letter through from assisted conception unit today!
We have a phone appointment (due to corona) on the 4th of September! And in the meantime my partner has been referred for sperm analysis and I have to get bloods done for progesterone, thyroid and rubella immunity! Sent off all of our history to them in the forms by post today as soon as we received them!

unlikely partner and I will have any results by the time the phone appointment rolls round so not sure if they’ll just need to reschedule for when we have more information for them or what?!

anyways this is the first real bit of hope I’ve felt for a while! It’s only been 14 months of trying but my periods, or lack there of, have just been such a concern for me since our miscarriage in December. So glad they’re finally taking us on board. Just hope they don’t say ‘you’re fine’ and send us on our merry way! That won’t happen now they’ve got us doing sperm count and bloods right?!

Hi dear, how timely for me to see your post! Good luck on your phone appointment! Make sure to have your set of questions ready and a notebook and pen on hand. That is definitely a validation of your previous feelings of doubt. :)

Hi dear, how timely for me to see your post! Good luck on your phone appointment! Make sure to have your set of questions ready and a notebook and pen on hand. That is definitely a validation of your previous feelings of doubt. :)
Thank you! That’s so kind of you!

got my blood work back today and it was all satisfactory which basically rules out ovulation being the issue! But I kind of knew that anyway from ovulation that’s and basal body temping!
I’m convinced it’s a lining problem and most likely need oestrogen! Fingers crossed they take me seriously and look into that for me!
Chances are I’ll be at work when they call which isn’t ideal but my boss has said just to find a quiet area and take the call! Just glad I finally have someone on my side xxx

It's a great feeling to get appointments and a sense of actually making progress!

I would also recommend the infertility community within instagram - so much experience, advice, strength in there. If you don't want to follow accounts with your regular acct, a lot of people have an anonymous TTC type account.

Good luck!

Thank you! That’s so kind of you!

got my blood work back today and it was all satisfactory which basically rules out ovulation being the issue! But I kind of knew that anyway from ovulation that’s and basal body temping!
I’m convinced it’s a lining problem and most likely need oestrogen! Fingers crossed they take me seriously and look into that for me!
Chances are I’ll be at work when they call which isn’t ideal but my boss has said just to find a quiet area and take the call! Just glad I finally have someone on my side xxx

Oh your boss knows? That is awesome! It's great to have the support of your boss right at the start!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back