finally admitted it... depression

pringle88

Reaction score
broke down in tears tonight, think its been building up for weeks :( i feel so unhappy with everything and everyone except ella, i feel so suffocated by myself but so alone, its horrible.. going to see the dr on monday. i feel like a complete failure!!! :(

anybody else feeling/felt the same? does it get better? i dont want to rely on pills :(

Oh bless you hun, no experience personally but big hugs xx

Oh honey this is horrible but you will get through this and you are in no way at all a failure. It can happen to anyone after having a baby. I hope someone with previous experience can give u some advice. Just want to send a massive hug to you :hug: things will get better for sure xxxxx

Massive :hugs: ive got no personal experience but i know a friend who went through it and you have done the first step of finding help, well done hunny. We are all here if you need us x x

:hug: sorry ur feeling like that jo. But as the others have said the main thing is u have recognised it and r gonna see ur dr xxx we r all here for u x

:hugs: it does get better, you will find yourself again, trust me xx

I had pnd and suffered for 10 months before speaking to anybody. You've done so well just admitting it to yourself and saying that you'll speak to someone :hug:

I refused any pills and just had t health visitor come round to my house every 2 weeks for a few months and made an effort to get out the house everyday even if it's a walk to the shops. See if there are any groups near you that you could pop along to maybe or go swimming etc. he also told me I should find a hobby. Something just for me and so I started making things and I'm also going to start ballet. I'm literally a completely different person now and I can't describe how different i feel compared to 8 months ago and I know go to a different group almost everyday. You can and will get better. Just open up to someone and let people help and dont forget to always make time for yourself xxx

I couldn't admit it for a very long time but you've done the right thing completely. I found just talking to someone about how I was feeling was great and quickly realised I wasn't the worst mother on the planet for feeling the way I did. Like August Mum said, try to find things to do, I always found I went deeper into a black hole if I had nothing planned, even silly things like today I'm walking to the post office to post a letter, just making sure that everyday has something in it. I joined lots of groups (mother and baby type things) and although to begin with I'd come home and feel miserable that everyone else was loving being a mummy and why couldn't I just be happy, I soon realised everyone had bad days but they weren't letting it get them down. It was only months later I went to the doctor and he said I'd done a great job of hiding it from people but that could have gone horribly wrong. Please please take whatever help is offered, even if it is just to talk to someone. It's horrible but it does get better, but only with support and help, please don't suffer on your own xxx

thanks ladies, just writing it down helps. I had a big heart to heart with my mum and told her exactly how i feel and i had a good cry and got an early night whilst mum stayed with me and had Ella. I felt a million times better by the morning. Ive decided not to go to the Dr, i dont want it on my reckon that i am depressed. I am going to see how i feel over the next few weeks and take it from there. I think being a single mum, having no sleep, losing all my friend etc etc has just built up and i let it get too much. Maybe im not depressed maybe i just need to ask for help and realise im not superwoman! thanks again for your replies though xx

That's great that you've got a supportive mum to help and it is still early days of being a mummy. But if in a few weeks if you're still feeling down please do go to doctor or talk to health visitor.
It's hard work being a mum and totally changes your whole life, mostly for the good but. Sometimes it can be lonely and scary, we're all here to help x

I didn't wanna read and run! Glad ur feeling a bit better really hope that you stay that way!

Being a mums hard work you have good days and bad days we just have to learn to work through them! :)

Big hug Pringle. Its so hard being a new Mum especially if you are on your own, but it does get better the older they get. You get more into a routine and finally get some sleep. It doesnt help that the weather is cold. Just think, in a few months the flowers will be out and hopefully we will get some sunshine and it will be a lot easier to go out.

I think it takes at least three months to start feeling normal again after carrying a baby for 9 months and going through labour. Also your hormones won't be back to normal either.

Its OK to feel upset, scared, tired, frustrated, trapped. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. One day soon your LO will wake up and smile at you and start to make googoogaga noises (which translates as I LOVE YOU MUMMY!).

I've decided I'm going to the doctors this morning to sort out my depression once and for all. I've had it all the way through and now I need to get it sorted! Doctors appointment at 10 past 10 :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back