Finally a name for our son

Bonfire Bride

Reaction score
Well, it's taken us quite some time to decide on a name. Was originally thinking Dylan or Harry (as we both love those names) but have chosen something that is very special to us and our families.

My Mother in law passed away in November 2012 following a very courageous battle with lung cancer. Her name was Olive and my husband and I were both incredibly close to her. We came home from the Dominican Republic pregnant and I took the positive stick in to her at our local cancer hospital. She originally thought it was a pen :lol: but soon realised that it was a pregnancy test. She was absolutely over the moon for us and wanted to tell everyone even though we were only 3+5 weeks. She passed away 2 weeks later and I am absolutely devastated that she will never get to meet him.

We have decided to name him Oliver Tomos Leonard Cox

Tomos is Thomas in Welsh (my fathers middle name)
Leonard is my husbands father who also sadly passed away before I met him - so this will also be a tribute to him.

We have been calling him Ollie so I'm guessing that will be his nickname.

So little Ollie is due in 2 days and we are so excited to meet him xxx

Gorgeous name and such a lovely tribute to both your families xxxxxx hope you meet your little prince soon xxxxxx

I'm feeling a bit emotional today and your story just made me cry. Absolutely lovely name. Good luck for the birth of baby Ollie xxx

Thank You everyone! Lovely to be able to finally refer to him as Oliver rather than "the baby" :)

We've had some nice responses off some close family members that we've told!

What a lovely tribute!

If we have a third and it's our 3rd boy he'll be called Oliver :) x

I so have a tear in my eye right now! Beautiful...just lovely x

Aw, thank you for the comments ladies. Clairebear - excellent choice :)

Due date today and cannot wait to meet him. xx

What a lovely story! Great tribute :) Always loved the name Oliver! Happy due date xxx

Such a lovely name! Sorry for your loss xx

Ive also picked Oliver for my little boy. Gorgeous name x

Thats a lovely sentiment behind your boys name, good luck with the birth, eeek you might have had him already looking at the dates!!

I love this. Lovely name and great tribute in both sides xxx

Lovely tribute to your mil and a lovely name. My ds's middle name is Oliver and that was after my mom's sister who was called Olive and who passed away before my ds was born xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back