Films you weren't allowed to watch....

floppit

Reaction score
Does anyone rememeber the films that came out when they were a kid and were too young to be allowed to watch? I mean the ones that existed in rumours in the playground, maybe they had songs everyone sang?

Do you remember when you actually got to see them?

The ones I remeber like that were Jaws, Greece, Saturday Night Fever, The Excorcist and Omen.

I wasn't allowed to watch The omen and to this day I still haven't seen it !!!

is there a film called Ghost? my dad wouldn't let me watch that and I don't think I ever have seen it since

Not a film but I wasn't allowed to watch grange hill!

Oh and I was really chuffed when I went to the roller disco and they played frankie goes to hollywood and 'relax' and they showed the video on the big screen. I was too scared to tell my Mum and Dad i'd seen it incase they didn't let me go to the roller disco again!!! :)

leckershell said:
is there a film called Ghost? my dad wouldn't let me watch that and I don't think I ever have seen it since

oh you have to watch that
its so sad :cry:
but patrick swayze is in it :cheer:

Nightmare on Elm street... I remember at the time it was THE talked bout movie of the moment.

leckershell said:

such a good film...patrick swayze....ummmmmm
xnatx

Urchin said:
Nightmare on Elm street... I remember at the time it was THE talked bout movie of the moment.

i had nightmare 4 six weeks after watching that!!!!!
xnatx

i wasnt allowed to watch hardly any movies when i was little as my dad was really protective, i remember when he found out a mate put hellraiser on he flipped even though i closed my eyes all the way through :rotfl: :rotfl: and now iv kinda caught up by watching them all inc the crappy ones like the shining lol :lol:

I don't rememeber not being allowed to watch any films but my mum wouldn't let me watch Grange Hill - because it was a rough school! :rotfl: When they changed the theme tune she didn't realise!

I wasnt allowed to watch ANYTHING either, very protective Dad. The one that sticks out most in my mind is The Dark Crystal :rotfl:

i remember not being allowed to watch IT, the stephen king clown one, and i still wish to this day i never went behind their backs and watched it, cos im still terrified of clowns now

Me too - but my parents weren't big on supervision so I watched it religiously anyway!!

I was disappointed when I first saw Jaws though, I imagined something sort of less.... how can I put it? Wubbery...?

The Excorsist and The Sixth Sense

Still haven't seen the latter

OH and X files though thats not a film..

And Casualty! Wasnt allowed to watch it til I was about 11

my mum is a bit of a TV addict and there was very little I was not "allowed" to watch... really I wasn't allowed to watch something only when my mum wanted to watch something on another channel... but eventually all the kids got TV's in their room so we could just watch what we want.

I wasn't allowed to watch Nightmare on Elm Street... but I did anyway... wished I hadn't cos it gave me loads of nightmares... but I was allowed to watch amyetiville (sp?) horror... because my mum said it was based on a true story :shock: This is why I don't watch TV much anymore.. :rotfl:

Personally I am dead against it.. Tia can't have a TV in her room and has loads of things that I tell her are inappropriate... but she goes to my mums house and is in my sister's bedroom watching Bones and Will and Grace.. :shock: :shock: :shock: I only find out when she comes home... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Mum wouldnt let me watch chucky but i did anyway, back years ago you could turn the contrast down on the telly, so i did on the telly in m y bedroom when she came in luckily she didnt notice...

I wasnt allowed to watch children of the corn... I could see why as ever since i sneaked a watch i wish i hadnt' had the worst nightmares...

Theres a reason parents dont let kids watch things...

x

Fluffy Bunny said:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Same here, i wasn't allowed to watch Grange hill either :shakehead:

I wasnt allowed to watch the Tina Turner Movie, but was allowed to watch nightmare on elm street when i was 7!!!! (by siblings not parents)
Had recurring nightmares till i was 13 lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back