Fibrocystic breasts

M1chelle

Reaction score
Hi ladies, some of you might have seen that I had a lump and pain in one of my breasts. I got referred to the hospital but it had all but gone by the time I'd got there so got the all clear. However it has since returned with a vengeance, so I have come to the conclusion that it is fibrocystic breast disease. It is supposedly really common and occurs due to hormones which would fit in with me, it seems to appear around ov and decrease up to AF. I'm not rushing back to the doctor but will mention it during my next appointment.

Does anyone else get this? If so, how do you manage it? It can be really uncomfortable at times.

Firstly I'm sorry to hear you suffer with this... I've got it and suffered with it for years, my left breast is lumpy and painful especially before af. Evening primrose oil has stopped it completely, no pain whatsoever. I'm on 2000mg a day, but only take it from cd1 to ovulation, honestly its been fantastic. Only thing is that my cycle length has been shortened but I've been told this isn't an issue x

Firstly I'm sorry to hear you suffer with this... I've got it and suffered with it for years, my left breast is lumpy and painful especially before af. Evening primrose oil has stopped it completely, no pain whatsoever. I'm on 2000mg a day, but only take it from cd1 to ovulation, honestly its been fantastic. Only thing is that my cycle length has been shortened but I've been told this isn't an issue x

Ah that's very helpful, thank you! I will have a look into it x

Out of interest Lilleth have you been pregnant with this condition before? I am just wondering whether it could help to figure out whether I'm heading for a BFP or not. The pain normally stops on the day of AF and wonder if that would be different if I was pregnant!

Does no one else have this condition? Supposedly it affects up to 50% of women!

I get this too but not the pain, just the lumps. I think it's quite common. Interestingly, I also got diagnosed with PCOS and was put on metformin. That seems to have reduced the lumps, I think because my hormones are more balanced in general. X

I get this too but not the pain, just the lumps. I think it's quite common. Interestingly, I also got diagnosed with PCOS and was put on metformin. That seems to have reduced the lumps, I think because my hormones are more balanced in general. X

Oh that's lucky, the pain is horrible. But it goes away completely when AF comes. I've only developed it in the last three months after coming off the pill in November. Part of me misses being on it as it suppressed so much!!

I started getting it last year and it freaked me right out!

I never got lumps in my breasts before AF. Some usual breast tenderness but that was all.

Id usually get a lump on the side, quite big and it go a day after AF came. Bloody sore - I felt like Id been punched!

xxxx

I started getting it last year and it freaked me right out!

I never got lumps in my breasts before AF. Some usual breast tenderness but that was all.

Id usually get a lump on the side, quite big and it go a day after AF came. Bloody sore - I felt like Id been punched!

xxxx

That's exactly the same with me Russelmuscle. It's horrible isn't it! My other side is starting to hurt the last few days too but no lumps so not sure if it's related or not.

Perhaps. It is horrid yes. Id get it on sometimes one boob or sometimes both. It was my left one for ages but Ive had it a couple times on my right.

Its weird Ive never had lumpy boobs before, and Im always quite regular and consistent but it seemed to just appear.

Not so much now because Im pregnant so dont have lumps.. But every other month it happen.

Id deffo mention it if itll be a monthly recurrence for you - perhaps they can advise something.

xxxx

Perhaps. It is horrid yes. Id get it on sometimes one boob or sometimes both. It was my left one for ages but Ive had it a couple times on my right.

Its weird Ive never had lumpy boobs before, and Im always quite regular and consistent but it seemed to just appear.

Not so much now because Im pregnant so dont have lumps.. But every other month it happen.

Id deffo mention it if itll be a monthly recurrence for you - perhaps they can advise something.

xxxx

Ah yes I have actually been to the doctor since my first post and he said it was safe to say I had them. I've not actually tried the evening primrose oil yet as I didn't want to shorten my recent cycles but may do if AF arrives this week. It's worth a try!

Out of interest Lilleth have you been pregnant with this condition before? I am just wondering whether it could help to figure out whether I'm heading for a BFP or not. The pain normally stops on the day of AF and wonder if that would be different if I was pregnant!

Does no one else have this condition? Supposedly it affects up to 50% of women!

Ooops sorry Michelle, I've only just seen this, yes I've conceived 3 times, 3 healthy children, the pain disappears the day before or day of af. Since taking evening primrose a couple of months ago my breasts are no longer sore. I'm taking just one capsules every other day until ovulation. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back