Fiance's mum gets really jealous!

bellecat

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I just want a bit of advice on how to deal with this situation. Me and my OH have been together for almost 11 years, I am 25 and he is 23. My OH hasn't really ever gotten along with his mum, He doesn't show her much affection which is down to how horrible she was to him during his childhood which I understand. They constantly argue and she can be overbearing at times.
She told him last month that she feels like he loves and cares more about me than he does her, which makes me feel awkward around her.
A few months ago, my OH told me that she really doesn't like it when he hugs or kisses me in front of her, or even just puts his arm around me. I was shocked! We obviously never go full on in front of her, maybe just a little kiss, a peck on the cheek or a cuddle. So now whenever I am over at her house, it really makes things super awkward between me and my OH. We feel like we can't even look at each other because she'll get upset.
Even when I try to talk to him or vice versa, she tries to butt in. She calls him multiple times when we are having date nights, and then goes absolutely crazy because he turns his phone off! It all sounds so far fetched but it's true.
To be honest it doesn't really bother me, I've had to put up with much worse before! :roll: I'm more concerned for my fiance, he doesn't deal well with stress and I can see it is stressing him out. I just don't know how to approach her. I have apologised to her about showing affection in front of her (which to be honest, I don't think I needed to apologise for... but anything for an easy life!!! :roll: ) and she accepted and I thought she had moved on but evidently not.
She sends him abusive texts whenever he disagrees with her over something minor.
I don't want to say anything to her because I feel like it may make the whole thing worse, but then not saying anything is also making things worse too so I feel like I should at least try. We are TTC at the moment and I am dreading telling her whenever we get pregnant!!
What do you think? xxx

Last edited:
She sounds awful! If he lives at home why don't he live with you after all it tour trying for a baby wouldn't it be easier if you love together?

I think in this instance your OH needs to man up & be firm with his mum. If she can't behave herself then put some distance between you. While you should continue to support and encourage him, I don't think this is a battle you should fight for him.​

I think that's a big problem and it's not normal for her mom to act like that or even feel jealous. She's a mom and you're the partner. The two of you need to talk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back