FF From birth

*glow*

Reaction score
Hi all

I am yet to decide what I will do re feeding, with my last children I struggled with BF, particularly DS as he cluster fed at 6 weeks for a no of days and I really was pushed to the limit. I started him on Formula and overnight he became a contented sleeping baby. Just want to add it could have been coincidence!

As a result those first few weeks I struggled with my bond I just didn't enjoy him at all and ended up with PND.

Anyway, I have posted here as I wondered those of you who FF from birth, did your milk come in? What does your body do if you don't start BF ? Most people around me are really established BF and I don't have anyone else to ask. Its assumed I will BF.

Ultimately, I will make a decision and get ready for the judgements later!

Thank you all xx

With both my children I BF for 24 hrs and that was that. I switched to formula and babies and I were so much happier. My milk came in around day 4 (did have 2 sections) and boobs were rock hard lumpy and sore for a few days. Had to wear breast pads for around 2 weeks until my milk started to dry up. My son is now 8 weeks old and milk is all dried up xxx

I formula fed both mine from day 1. Was about 3 days when milk started to come boobs went rock hard just left them well alone wore a really supported bra an they went down after 2 days x

I tried to bf my daughter for days but it just didn't work, my milk never came in. So when I had my son I decided from day 1 I wasn't even going to try! My boobs were enormous!!! I probably had enough milk to feed the world for a month, but I bottle fed him, and was back to normal after a couple of weeks. I can't say I had any pain or anything like - or at least not that I noticed/remember!

A few people tried to tell me what to do, but the midwives never questioned my decision. I knew my pregnancy/body/family better than anyone else and it was absolutely the best decision for us at that time. We're TTC no 3 now, and I am considering bf - mainly because my youngest will be 4 so I would have more time. But I never doubt I made the right choice.

Thank you.
So the MW has said its my choice which is nice as last time I got a bit of forced encouragement.

I think I will try but no matter how soon after birth if I feel it is too much I will go to FF.

I sometimes feel like people can be quite bitchy about BF vs FF ... made me scared to speak up!

Thank you again ladies x

I think it is a very touchy subject for some people. I told the midwifes when I was in labour that I was bottle feeding an both times they was really nice and said that skin to skin was still important. So I still had that. Don't be scared to say your not gonna BE it's entirely up to you x

I loved skin to skin so will definitely want that bit

I formula fed from day 1 with Matthieu I just wore a well supported sports bra and put some pads on for a week in case of any leaking had 1 day where my boobs where a bit hard n sore but I just massaged them a little and then they felt better. My boobs haven't been leaking so I assume my milk with just dry up or something. The sports bra did help though xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back