few question...

niknaks

Reaction score
here it goes

1)leandro started sucking his thumb but after a few minutes shoves it right in and starts gagging. is this normal? also i dont mind him sucking his thumb but when should i stop it? and how do i stop him from gagging because when i pull his thumb away he gets hysterical till he finds it again.

2)when should i start doing nappy off time and how do i do it as in time etc?

3)self soothing. how long does everyone do it for? we or should i say i let him cry for about 2 mins of hes whinging. my mum thinks i should leave him for about 10 mns. hv said till it gets annoying. how long does everyone do it for?

These are the only things I can think of really felt I had more lol xxx

Alice has just started sucking her thumb, but been chewing her fingers for weeks. The gagging is normal and LO will eventually learn how to stop. Its the same concept as with blw, they learn not to gag.

We do nappy off time every morning when LO wakes up. I take her nappy off and have her on the changing mat in her cot for about 10 mins, and then after every bath time.

As for self soothing, haven't tried that one yet so no advice really

Glad to hear its normal. What's blw? Think ill give it a try in the morning. He is more happier without a nappy. Just scared of him spraying everywhere lol xx

Kynon gags on his thumb too its just them learning. We're planning BLW or baby led weaning too you basically skip the puree stage and let them decide how much to eat they also feed themselves so no spoons! If u look in alternative parenting or feeding and nutrition there are more threads in there about it.
You can't really stop thumb sucking until they are older, my friend put that nasty tasting nail polish stuff on her little girl at about 3 but that didn't even work!
I don't do the controlled crying so i only leave him crying for a min until i can pick him up, babies cry for a reason esp so young. If he's moaning I leave him for a few mins as he does this before falling asleep but once the moan becomes a cry i pick him up to see what's wrong.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Oh we do nappy off time twice a day. Once before his bath and also in the morning while Im getting my shower I lay him on his change mat with and old towel under him. He always wees but its easy to clean up in the bathroom! He's a bit stupid tho as he recently found his feet so has wee'd with his legs in the air spraying his own face lol! He don't care!

The crying I also leave for a minute or less, hold till stopped crying and then put back down and just repeat the process over and over again until she has settled xx

Forgot to add I let her settle after her feed on me whilst I burp her and then self settle when I put her down half asleep

Oh we do nappy off time twice a day. Once before his bath and also in the morning while Im getting my shower I lay him on his change mat with and old towel under him. He always wees but its easy to clean up in the bathroom! He's a bit stupid tho as he recently found his feet so has wee'd with his legs in the air spraying his own face lol! He don't care!

Alice has just found her feet too!! Luckily I don't have that problem!!

leandro did that twice when he was a week old. went all over his hair then started screaming like we did it. babies are funny things. thanx ladies. gonna try the nappy off after his bath today. with the self soothing i think ill carry on how im doing it and when hes a bit older increase it. just worried about when i go back to work eve though its in august lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back