fetal doppler

Layla

Reaction score
i brought one of these off ebay, it says you can hear the babys heart beat from 10 weeks.

i tried it out this moring and indeed there is a little heart beat way down in my belly!!!

i do have one consern tho, when ever i have been to the widwife with my last 2 children, there heartbeat was allways very fast, like double the speed our mine, but this time round the hear beat seems very "normal" not fast at all, is that right? does the heart beat speed up as the baby grows?

or is this just my heart beat im picking up somehow lower down in my tummy?
im hoping someone will know and put my mind at ease

I think it sounds like it could be your heartbeat that you are hearing as I am pretty sure the baby's would sound like double yours.... haven't used one before though.

I have been playing about with it, I think it is my heart beat i can hear, altho im miffed as to how i can hear it way down there and not in the middle of my body. but i went up and down the stairs and then tried and the heart beat i could hear atched the pattern i could feel mine down :(

it says if you cant hear it at 10 week, you can defo hear it at 12, so i guess i have to wait 2 weeks, i hope i do hear it soon, im worried in case there is something wrong, my scan isnt till im 13 weeks

Join the I/m forum... u can chat instantly to other users instead of having to wait a long time for a reply on your messages... Pm If u are having trouble using it... Love Danielle xx

Hi girls!

I too was listening to a "slow" heartbeat with a hired doppler and was beginning to panick a bit but when I moved it to just above my pubic hair line just left and below my belly button I found the baby's heartbeat! Very quick! The "slow" heart beat is in fact is your pulse so don't worry girls and just try to move it about a bit! If you are lucky you can actually hear your babys heartbeat with you pulse in the background, but I have only managed to hear this once.

Sarah x

i think i was wishful thinking to be able to hear my baby now, im still early

the first time my midwife listened to the baby she kept picking up my heartbeat but babys heartbeat is always much faster than ours and when ur so early on its very quite :D

I bought one off ebay too and think its fantasic. I got it when i when 12 wks and tried it straight away and sure enough there was ickles ones heartbeat.

I got told the reason the heartbeat is so hard to hear is because sound can't travel round corners (not that I was ever any good at science so nor do I know if this is true!) so you will be able to pick up the heart beat as soon as your baby starts to push up out of your pelvis, which for some is as early as 10 weeks, but most ladies it has happened by 12 weeks.

HTH xx

Dani, that chat thing didnt work for me, the usual screen came up.

Yeah my heartbeat is really strong, even the midwife has difficults picking up my babies hearbeat without mine blasting over the top, I can actually see my pulse from looking at my stomach! try really low down, I know when they looked for my babies heart in the earlier weeks they had to press quite hard just above my pubic area.

Hi everyone,

New Chat Room software (FlashChat) has just been installed this evening (fresh and eagerly waiting to be tested!) - see this topic for more info.

Best wishes,
Laura B

Hi Layla

From the sounds of it, you were hearing your own pulse. There was a thread I think on here or another forum from a Midwife that explained that quite often even they can not find a heartbeat until after 15 weeks because the baby is so deep within your abdomen, and they are trained!

I had the midwife visit at 16 weeks but she couldnt find babies heartbeat although in my case my flab didnt help lol. She then came back this week and I heard it for the first time as clear as anything. Its definately twice as fast as your own heartbeat and she went down very low close to my bikini line to find it.

So dont worry to much, as in a few weeks you will probably find it much easier.

Love Ragna xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back