Festive thread!

Kimbo

Reaction score
MerryChristmas.gif

Only 3 weeks to go... so let's make a christmassy thread...

Fave xmas song and fave xmas film, favourite part of xmas day, and what couldn't christmas be without??

Fave song;

mariah carey - all i want for christmas is you
mud - lonely this christmas

Fave film;

Little women (the original with Elizabeth Taylor)
A christmas carol
Home alone lol

Fave part of the day;

When all the rush/dinner is over and you pig out in front of the tv watching xmas telly and getting drunk (not this year obviously!)

What couldn't christmas be without??

Family sat around the table and elderly members falling asleep in fron of the tv, and children all excited and then worn out :D

forgot.... there's never been a christmas day where you don't see kids riding the streets on their new bikes lol

Fave xmas song and fave xmas film, favourite part of xmas day, and what couldn't christmas be without??

Fave song;

snow is falling all around me.. children playing... having fun..is it cliff richard.. lol if it is..

Fave film;

used to be dumbo.. cant remember the last xmas it was on tho..would have to be santa claws

Fave part of the day;

umm.. getting up and seeing charl face when 'hes been' oh and prawn cocktail and salmon for starter mmmmm (dunno if i get it this yr tho coz at mils)

putting charl in the bath xmas eve.. washign her hair.. while she is so excited.. letting her open a special xmas eve present under the tree (always brand new pjs or nighty lol) getting her in them.. brushing her hair.. taking a picture by the tree.. and then her getting santas milk, mincepie and rudolphs carrot ready on a plate and taking it up to bed.. bless.. thats christmas isnt it!

lisa&alex said:
Fave song;

snow is falling all around me.. children playing... having fun..is it cliff richard.. lol if it is..

shakin stevens!

lisa&alex said:

putting charl in the bath xmas eve.. washign her hair.. while she is so excited.. letting her open a special xmas eve present under the tree (always brand new pjs or nighty lol) getting her in them.. brushing her hair.. taking a picture by the tree.. and then her getting santas milk, mincepie and rudolphs carrot ready on a plate and taking it up to bed.. bless.. thats christmas isnt it!

That made me smile so much!!! i cant wait to be able to do that with my little one!favourite song: loves the pogues song, fairytale of new york
Favourite part of day: when the family comes round so we can see the little ones faces when opening presents (like i say will be better when its our own)
Couldnt be xmas without: dad falling asleep at like 9 pm cos hes been up since 6 and drinking since 11 lol :D

Last edited:
kimbo you're avatar is awesome :rotfl:

Fave song;

Carol of the bells....

Fave film;

:think: well it's just seeing real old 80's films... Saw Ghostbusters last night... :)

Fave part of the day;

Its the big family meal on xmas eve that I like... but also watching Tia tear through all her pressies, being equally appreciative of each one..

Family... having Tia there full of excitement.... she really makes Xmas special and in our household there wouldn't be an xmas without her. (literally... I just wouldn't do xmas)

Fav songs

Slade, Merry Christmas
Band Aid (The original) Do they know it's Christmas
Oh yeah, and 'I wish it could be Christmas every day'.....who sang that?

Fav films
Muppet Christmas Carol
Polar Express

Fav part of the day

Watching the kids open their pressies

What Christmas couldn't be without?
I love Christmas Eve, the excitiment of the kids is infectious. We light loads of candles and sit around the tree, listening to all the trashy Christmas CD's. When the kids are in bed we drink mulled wine, eat mince pies, and sing carols......it's so lovely!

I forgot to answer the questions :doh: I'm still reeling from my mutant grapes :shock:

Fave song....
Fairytale of New York

Fave film....
Any bond film, Grease, Bugsy Malone, Towering Inferno.

Fave part of day....The morning of course, pressie time!!

What couldn't christmas be without?....

A huge dinner and lots of chocolates.

Kimbo said:
Fave song;

The one with Noddy Holder when he shouts "IT'S CHRISTMAS" at the beginning with his dodgy brummie accent!

Fave film;

Miracle on 34th street
Bad Santa (for the grown ups)
And we always have to watch Oliver on Christmas day

Fave part of the day;

Usually opening my pressies but this year I am really looking forward to opening Clarks, I know he is too little to appreciate it yet but its still his first one so I want it to be special!

My Nan, Mom and Dad all asleep on the sofa with their mouths open, happens every year without fail, and quiet memories of my Grandad doing the same :cry:

fave song:
that snow is falling one cant remember the tittle or artist :rotfl:

Fav film:
dont really have one just on xmas eve we watch a film as a family the only time of xmas its just the 4/5 of us,

fav part of the day:
the afternoon we always go for a walk after dinner, then open some more prezzies then we play silly games lol

what couldnt christmas be without:
my family

Fave song;

Rockin' around the Xmas tree - I like the Mel & Kim version "I feel like a spare bit of 'olly...green & surrounded by pricks" Reminds me of my college days....sigh...
Fairytale of New York...You scum bag you maggot...how romantic!

Fave film;

Muppets Christmas Carol!

Fave part of the day;

Probably giving/receiving presents with my WHOLE family - when we're together there are about 25 of us (and growing by the year!) as we also have my 3 cousins' partner's family too & their kids!!!

The build up - OMG what do we get people who have EVERYTHING?!!!

Fave song : Wham Last Christmas :oops: or Band Aid Do they know it Christmas.

Fave film : The Snowman or Santa Claus The Movie

Fave part of the day : Watching my son open his presents

Fave song;

Mariah Carey - all i want for xmas is you...
Mike Oldfield - in dulce jubilo (its so christmassy, aww)
Wizzard (?) - Wish it could be christmas everyday
Shakin Stevens - Merry Christmas Everyone

Fave film;

Um... :think: no idea.

Fave part of the day;

Giving the pressies, eating prawn cocktail starter and huge roast dinner, bad cracker jokes... I like christmas eve though too as it's cooking day so we make the sausage rolls, mince pies, chocolate log, jelly etc etc and then scoff the buffet food all afternoon :)

The lush christmas oranges... the cheesy music... being able to laugh at the people shopping on christmas eve in bare shops while im there making jelly and log and sipping my vodka and coke.. haha :) erm... the kids... it's not the same without the kiddies opening their pressies :)

Fave song....
Fairytale of New York

Fave film....

home alone
polar express

Fave part of day....t he boys opening their presents on our bed in the morning

What couldn't christmas be without?....

chocolate,mince pies with clotted cream and a good film!

Great thread!

Fave song;

Fairytale in New york by The Pogues

Fave film
Its a wonder life or Scrooge

Fave part of the day;
Everyone eating their Christmas dinner

Christ!

PinkPunch said:
Great thread!

Fave song;