Fertility clinic appt

Got a call from the nurse today to say they are just going to start me on 3 months of clomid then do the HSG if needed after that.

Trying not to pin my hopes on the clomid working but it's hard not to get excited! xx

Yay! That's brilliant news. Fx it works for you! Are you going to start on it straightaway? Hope I'm not far behind you :) x

Thanks Anna. Yeah I should hopefully start it early next week.

The nurse said she would have been able to give me the results of hsg straight away do you think you will get told much on Friday or have to wait til 6th?x

No idea - really hope they just tell me then and there! From reading online it seems a really mixed experience as to whether you get told at the time or not. Hopefully I will have someone nice doing it. The nurse who did my internal scan was lovely and talked me through what she was doing as she did it.

So exciting you can start next week! Are you having to go in for any kind of monitoring?

I hope they tell you aswell and then your follow up appt could hopefully just be to get started on the clomid.

I've to book in a blood test and scan I think for day 21 once I start taking the clomid, I seen from different threads on here that some people get monitored and some don't so I'm pleased they seem to offer monitoring at our hospital. So nerve wracking but exciting!

It is very exciting! Definitely good they are monitoring you so you will know if it is working or not x

Hi Anna

Just wanted to wish you luck for your HSG tomorrow, hope all goes well :smile:

Thank you so much! I am a mixture of nervous and excited - really hope it's good news and another step closer...

Is it next week you're starting on the clomid?

Anna x

I'm sure it will be! Hopefully I'm not sure how long it takes for my period to start after my injection tomorrow but hopefully it starts quite quick xx

Well what do you know mother nature is on my side for a change and my period started this morning so didn't have to get the injection in my bum, yippee!

I got the clomid which I start taking on Sunday and am booked in for a scan on 5th Aug and bloods on 15th and 21st August, exciting stuff!

Hello ladies, hope you don't mind me joining in your chat - I seem to be at a similar time to you guys. All tests done and dusted (bloods, scans, more scans etc) apart from my OH's SA (yes he has been putting it off for 6 months!) which will finally take place next week and I am booked in for my HSG 2 August.

Anna I am keen to know how your HSG went. Was it ok hun? painful? Did they manage to give you all the results there and then? My last gynae appointment suggested I'd be able to get my results on the same day so I am hoping that is true. Let us know how it went.

Marcel I am very excited for you - clomid is a big bonus and I really hope it helps. Did they prescribe that because they thought you were not producing eggs or just as a helper?

Fx all these test help us! X

So nice to have other ladies in a similar situation to be able to talk to!

Hsg was good in that my tubes are clear :dance: but bad in that it was mega painful - way worse than I was expecting. So relieved it's done and only about 10 days to wait until we see the consultant!

Flowerpower - how long have you been trying? And have you had any kind of diagnosis from your tests?

Anna x

Hello ladies, hope you don't mind me joining in your chat - I seem to be at a similar time to you guys. All tests done and dusted (bloods, scans, more scans etc) apart from my OH's SA (yes he has been putting it off for 6 months!) which will finally take place next week and I am booked in for my HSG 2 August.

Anna I am keen to know how your HSG went. Was it ok hun? painful? Did they manage to give you all the results there and then? My last gynae appointment suggested I'd be able to get my results on the same day so I am hoping that is true. Let us know how it went.

Marcel I am very excited for you - clomid is a big bonus and I really hope it helps. Did they prescribe that because they thought you were not producing eggs or just as a helper?

Fx all these test help us! X

Hi the more the merrier! Have you been trying for a while? Thanks I'm excited too I do ovulate now and again so it's to try and help regulate my cycle and ovulate more often so hopefully it will work. I'm classing today as cd1 since its full flow so start clomid on Monday :)

Glad your tubes are clear Anna that's great news. Did you have the rest if the day off work to recover? Has the pain gone away?xx

Yes I took the whole day off which I was glad about. Feeling much better today xx

Glad you are fully recovered Anna - it's good to get the all clear from test and be able to move on to the next stage. Good luck for your next gynae appointment.

I have had the all clear from my tests so far, blood tests, scans etc. only negative they saw was a thin endometrium so I have been eating Brazil nuts and drinking lots of raspberry tea! i don't think it's a show stopper and haven't spoken to doc since I got the results so not sure. This test is the last one on the list now apart from OH's. we have been trying for a year which I know isn't that long but at 36 (oh is 39) I am starting to worry about things being shrivelled!
X

A year feels like a lifetime when your in this situation tho I think. Good luck for your hsg xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back