Fertile window, confused!

megsmeadow

Reaction score
Hi Ladies
I'm in need of some help! Now I've not been doing serious charting or anything but I do note down any symptoms etc on a phone app and this month i've been trying out OPKs. Since having my coil removed at the start of the year my cycles have varied from 26-28 days. I'm CD 17 today and it looks like the OPK is getting closer to a positive but I've had mittelschmerz since CD15 and light spotting only when wiping that only lasted a few hours (sorry, I know!). Yesterday I had a migraine which has continued to a dull headache today. And these symptoms are becoming very familiar each month so i figure it's likely all to be due to ovulation. But what comes first the symptoms or the eggy??
I am totally unsure though as to when ovulation might have occurred, or is it still due to happen? If so does that mean that I have a short luteal phase? We BD'd on CD13 and 15.
I've also attached a pic of the OPK's, today's is at the bottom. Confused!!

Attachments

• IMAG0902.jpg
    IMAG0902.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 22
I'm confused too - it's a minefield! At a guess I would say gearing up to ovulate so get bd!!! X

Total minefield! I'll grab OH later, he'll think it's his birthday again. Thanks!

Looks like you are starting to surge, should hopefully turn positive in a day or two x

Haha, they are bad aren't they! I'm not relying on them, but if I had just been going by symptoms I would have thought the fertile period was over. I'm right in thinking the luteal phase is ov until af? And so is that bad if that phase is 10 days or shorter?

Hmm, just had a look back and my last two cycles have been 27 days with the one before 31 days, I'll not worry about luteal phases yet!

Short LP shows a lack of progesterone in the system and so not enough to sustain a pregnancy. However, with my daughter I was having 10-12 day lps and got pregnant on a cycle i took vitamins. So it may help you x

Hmm, that would make sense. I was diagnosed with PCOS before I got pregnant with my son. It didn't seem to cause any problems then and hopefully not this time either. I'm on CD17 today so if my cycle is 27 days or longer this time then it may not be that short.

PCOS with shorter cycles?! my last one was 68 days lmao!! this one im in the TWW just by tempgin and i did soy this time x

A bit more positive? Taken about half an hour ago.

Attachments

• IMAG0907_1.jpg
    IMAG0907_1.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 5
Yeah, it certainly didn't interfere with conception first time around. Cycles have always been regular, bang on 28 days before coils and pops!

PCOS with shorter cycles?! my last one was 68 days lmao!! this one im in the TWW just by tempgin and i did soy this time x

Does soy work with pcos then? I've never tried it but tempted to give it a go

We shall see. I ovulated cd52 not on soy, and cd25 on soy so it def shortened my cycle. I'm 10dpo at the moment, so ill let you know if i get a bfp x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back