Fertile CM at the wrong time?

M1chelle

Reaction score
I keep getting CM that is wet and slippery and occasionally close to EWCM several days before I'm actually OVing (according to CBFM I am still low) and I'm sure it's normally gone by the time Ov comes around. Anyone know what this means?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Me too. Mine comes a week before ov usually. I'm under the fertility clinic and they didn't seem to think it was an issue. I'm not too convinced but I have had pregnancies so it can't be doing too much harm?

Thanks Snowbee. I am being referred also by the looks of it, so we shall see. It doesn't seem right and I keep worrying that I'm going to miss my chance because my body is gearing up for Ov but then that's not happening until probably almost a week later for me as well!

I used to really over analyse my cm but I don't think it always is telling us anything accurate. When I've researched what is normal cm throughout a cycle I don't follow it at all. I have no dry times at all, I'm wet (sorry way tmi) all through my cycle! I do get ewcm for around 4 days leading up to ovulation but other than that I can't get to grips on what it means at certain times! Sorry I know that's not actually helpful, I just mean it as try not to overly worry about it xx

Thanks MrsS15. My doctor did say that CM wasn't an overly technical way of working out ovulation. But he did call it 'cervi-a-cal mucus' which made me wonder about the validity of his opinion ha ha.

I never really get EWCM, maybe once or twice I've had it. Generally it's just wetness but it just always seems to happen so early. Considering it's supposed to be the most fertile CM, it doesn't happen at a time when sperm could actually survive long enough to make it to the egg!

Hahaha that actually made me laugh out loud. I think I'd have made such a face at him :rofl:

Some people get ewcm but it doesn't actually come out if you know what I mean? It could be a lot higher up? Some people take vitamins to help with it and found it helps, have you tried anything like that? Xx

Hahaha that actually made me laugh out loud. I think I'd have made such a face at him :rofl:

Some people get ewcm but it doesn't actually come out if you know what I mean? It could be a lot higher up? Some people take vitamins to help with it and found it helps, have you tried anything like that? Xx

Well I'm getting referred to the fertility clinic so I will wait to see what they say. I did try Evening Primrose Oil but it gave me really bad stomach cramps and upset my tummy. So I am a bit dubious about taking stuff without being prescribed it per se.

I haven't been rigid with checking my cervical position but whenever I have there's never really been much difference in CM. Fingers crossed it doesn't matter too much!

Ah yeah I don't blame you I'm a bit the same. I keep thinking it happened so easily with our son, why do I need all this to have another?

I've never checked cervical position, I wouldn't even know how to tbh! How long have you been trying? Fingers crossed you get some help from fertility xx

Ah yeah I don't blame you I'm a bit the same. I keep thinking it happened so easily with our son, why do I need all this to have another?

I've never checked cervical position, I wouldn't even know how to tbh! How long have you been trying? Fingers crossed you get some help from fertility xx

I'm on 9 months now. Was a bit shocked when they told me that I was at the age where I could be considered for fertility treatment so soon (at 30!), but happy nonetheless. At least they're being proactive.

At least you know your body is capable of it, that must be some consolation! Good luck to you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back