Ferry travel

SpinSugar

Reaction score
I didn't realise this was a no go! Doh!

Was hoping to get away for a last min hol to France...but you can't travel on the fast cat after 28 weeks! Glad I checked before we booked it!

Looks like no mini break for me then :-(

Xx

I don't know why, maybe cos the crossings super bumpy. Its known as the vomit comet lol

Xx

You can fly with most airlines as long as you are back by week 34 I think it is x

No you CAN go to France! Just take the train instead of the Ferry. There is a train going from Folkestone to Calais. You just drive your car in the train in Folkestone and drive out of the train again in Calais. It only takes 40 minutes to arrive in Calais. You just sit in your car all the way. I'll be going to the Netherlands on Friday and we always go by car using this train.
The only negative thing is that it's more expensive but it's so much faster and so much more relaxed.

You can find more info here: http://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/home/?gclid=CO6R_9mnvbcCFSXHtAodFVsASQ

You can go from Dover to Calais with P&O ferries, they say "Expectant women can travel from Dover to Calais up to 38 weeks without a GP's letter. Women who are over 38 weeks pregnant can travel but need written consent from their GP. In special circumstances we reserve the right to refuse carriage or request a certificate at any stage of pregnancy. We are not able to supply any seasickness remedies."

Last edited:
Thanks ladies for ur replies ladies, however the fast cat or ferry is the only way practically to get to our French house, its a 4h drive to Dover and then a whole day from the folkstone or eurotunnel, when the trip is only for a long weekend its not worth it! Was only going as there's seats spare in the van and its free LOL.

But may see what leave and money I have and try and fly somewhere nice instead lol :)

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back