Ferning Microscope Question

sookie

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been using a ferning microscope this cycle but have been finding it hard to analyse the pattern.

I am getting close to Ov and the pattern looks different than earlier in the month but it is not a ferning pattern. It is like a criss-cross pattern, like looking at a piece of material/weave under a microscope.

Does anyone know if everyone gets a ferning pattern at O? Or can they look different? Can you O without a ferning pattern? I know that I haven't ovulated yet, but am wondering when to test with an OPK as I don't have many left and can't get more in a hurry.

Thanks.

Hey, I found mine really confusing at first, but what I have since realised is that the slightest turn of the microscope part makes it look totally different - in my first month I didnt see any ferning, but then in my second I thought I just had the same again, until i turned the microscope the tiniest amount, and there were all the lines...I also found it hard at first to get the right amount on there - as too much or too little was not giving a sensible result - so sometimes I let it dry, and then tried again if the pattern wasnt clear.

Not sure how much this will help but just keep trying (and make sure you havent eaten anything for about 3hrs before - I always do mine when I wake up)

Thanks choklatemunky. That's basically what I have been coming to realize. I have felt like a sillybilly really. I mean if I can't work a bleeding ferning microscope how can I expect to raise a bloody child! :wall: :rotfl:

But anyway, think I am getting the hang of it and thanks for your help :)

haha me too! But then I feel a bit better now knowing that Im not alone in my confusion!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back