Femur length measurements

KateK

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

Sorry to be tri-hopping but I was hoping you guys might have more insight.

My baby's femurs were measuring short at our anomaly scan today (29.7mm at 20+5 which is -3 below the lowest centile line.)

Has anyone experienced similar and has there been an outcome? It's rather tenuously linked to some serious disorders and also some less serious, or it could just come down to proportions and maybe a slight delay in the growth of her legs.. I know I shouldn't but I can't help but worry..

Thanks,
Kate x

My little boy's fl was always short and he has come out perfectly!
His head an tummy were always measuring in the giant levels(!) and no problems there either!
Don't worry. They will tell you if anything is really concerning. Xxx

Thanks lovely.. My daughter's femurs were also a little small (and her tummy at the other end of the scale!) so I wasn't at all concerned at first but once it sunk in (and the fact they were outside the normal range) it started playing on my mind.. Congratulations on your little boy! Hope you're recovering well xxx

I am carrying twins, twin 2 has always had small femur lengths at all the scans (6th percentile), but at the last one at 32 weeks it came back as around the 50th percentile and he had overtaken his brother. They all just grow at different rates and the percentiles are still just a guide

DD was at the top of the scale for most measurements and closer to the bottom for her femur length so not out of normal range but there was a big difference from her other measurements. I was a bit concerned but she just had short legs and still does. DS were at the opposite end of the scale and his legs were off the top of the chart. He had really long legs when born and then they evened out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back