felt cervix

LynseyM

Reaction score
so yesterday the mw told me the baby was engaged and i was feeling a lot of pressure and getting lots of braxton hicks for last few days. soo thought i would have a wee check n c what was happnin with cervix...took me a while to find it but was so annoyed to find it felt hard, long and totally closed. :( so was wondering if anyone else been able to find cervix and what it was like? i used to b a student mw and have done a few vaginal examinations but normailly when women in labour and lmore than 4cm dilated. xx

Mine is really high still so I can't even reach it!

Mines low soft and 3cm dilated...

But sod all else is happening :( xx

Oh :( Can't they give you anything to speed it up?

Only after 13days overdue :( roll on sunday lol! x

How do you know what your looking for? I wouldnt have a clue what to feel for.

theres nothing else up there other than ur cervix..
It would normally feel like the tip of ur nose, firm and hard and would have a slit for the opening which would bean its closed..
Thank slit will gradually open and eventually dilate to 10cm.. but for a few weeks before ur due u may find its opened to about a cm or 2.. and u can insert the tip on ur finger..
But if your cervix it still high up, u may find that the angle your in you wont reach it with your fingers. Unless your at the other end (MW or partner might be able to reach)
But it will thin out and become really soft and feel like soft lips together and then it just needs dilating and FX u go into labour!!! :) xx

Wow, 13 days over! Hopefully you won't make it that far!

theres nothing else up there other than ur cervix..
It would normally feel like the tip of ur nose, firm and hard and would have a slit for the opening which would bean its closed..
Thank slit will gradually open and eventually dilate to 10cm.. but for a few weeks before ur due u may find its opened to about a cm or 2.. and u can insert the tip on ur finger..
But if your cervix it still high up, u may find that the angle your in you wont reach it with your fingers. Unless your at the other end (MW or partner might be able to reach)
But it will thin out and become really soft and feel like soft lips together and then it just needs dilating and FX u go into labour!!! :) xx

can just imagine the position to do this self examination! I'm sure I will give it a go at 37 weeks :p

I cant reach anymore haha!

But one good one is cock ur leg up on the toilet seat and u can kinda get up there hahaha!!

Or even sat on the toilet seat :) so lovely!

Dont forget to wash ur hands 1st laaaaadies lol xx

When I was ttc I used to be able to reach sitting on the loo (clean hands of course!) but now I can't, I can just feel the very edge of it with the tip of my finger so I'm close but not close enough. I will be excited when it starts making its way down lol

i tried to have a go, its never ending up there, couldn't reach anything lol x

OMG, I don't think I could get into the right position now, let alone when I am full term! :lol:

Read this and thought I'd have another go! I think mine has finially started to open! When I wa at the hospital last week they said it was really soft and they guessed about 50% effaced, but now I couldn't feel the 'tip of the nose' just squishyness then a hole that a finger tip went into, I presume that's it!x

Read this and thought I'd have another go! I think mine has finially started to open! When I wa at the hospital last week they said it was really soft and they guessed about 50% effaced, but now I couldn't feel the 'tip of the nose' just squishyness then a hole that a finger tip went into, I presume that's it!x

38 weeks now and i need 2 try this if i cant feel it my oh is geting no choice but to havea go ha ha the joys X

Yikes!! I can't imagine doing this...at 37 weeks maybe I'll try. Guess you need to be careful you don't poke about too much! ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back