Feint positive now negative

AJay

Reaction score
Hi Ladies. I am new to this forum and just stumbled across it after searching the internet for some advice on faint positive pregnancy tests results followed by a negative test.

I suffered a miscarriage in October 2012 and another in April this year. After one AF we started to try again. I carrying out pregnancy tests yesterday and the day before. They gave me very faint positives - they didn't come up immediately, as I have experienced before, but did show within 10 minutes. Today I tested again and there is nothing there, absolutely nothing. Because my cycle has not re-established since the miscarriage, I am not sure on the length of my cycle. It was previously 28 days, which would have meant that AF was due on Tuesday this week.

I should stop doing the tests and just wait to see what happens, but after seeing those beautiful pink lines, I am driving myself crazy.

Has anyone else experienced this - faint positive tests followed by a negative?
xx

Last edited:
Hey hun, i would leave it a couple of days and test again? How many dpo are you?

I don't mean to be negative but similar happened to me in April when i had a chemical, i started spotting a week before period was due so thinking it was implantation i did a test, which was quite a dark line considering it was 7dpo. The bleeding continued and then 2 days later my test was negative. Have u bled at all? Xxx

Hi Hun, thanks for replying, it is strange posting for the first time about something so sensitive but I feel like I have found the forum for a reason

No bleeding yet. I don't know how many dpo I am as I didn't test and because of the miscarriage (at 10 weeks pregnant) in April my dates are all out. I think I ovulated between 27th and 31st May??? My first bleed after the miscarriage started on the 15th May.

I have one test left at the moment and I am going to do my best not to use it for a day or so. I suspect chemical as well. xxx

You never know, your urine may have been more diluted. Depends on what pregnancy tests you have used? I have used internet cheapy ones before and have had hundreds of faint positives.
As you say wait a couple of days and if your AF hasn't arrived test again.

Fingers crossed for you :)

It was a Sainsbury's test which has worked for me before, but in the absence of AF, I still have some hope.
xx

Last edited:
Fingers crossed hun, hope its good news :) xxx

Last edited:
Thank you - I have just been navigating around the site to try to get my bearings so I can also offer support and be a positive contributor. Lots to learn about where to post and how to use symbols, terminology and the little animated smiling faces (I must sound like such a newbie!!!)

Off to bed now, I have had a nasty headache for a few days - it must be hormone related.
xx

Hey, I got a strong +ve on a Thursday and 1-2 weeks on a digi then -ve on Saturday then on the Monday got strong +ve and 2-3 weeks on digi.... That was only 5-6 days ago haven't done any tests since but so far no af so hope is ok. I had mmc in march so very nervous but I would advise waiting couple days and do a digi. Good luck xxx.

Hi Hun, thanks for checking back in on me.

With one test left I used it the very next day (Saturday) and another negative. I looked at it under every light but there was no line anymore!! I have just visited the bathroom and here she is....AF. Sooooo disapointed but sort of relieved to know what is going on.

Are you ok? Have you done anymore tests to see them getting brighter, I have not checked your thread today? I see you are from South Wales - me too xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back