Feeling the kicking

hannahb

Reaction score
Hello

I have started feeling my little one kick me since about week 17. I am now 20 weeks. i fell down the stairs beginning of yesterday and am aware that i havent been feeling the kicks. i know sometimes i don't notice them as they aren't very strong but i have been making time to really sit down and feel for them and nothing. Because i am still early on and they havent been strong kicks, is there a chnace that its just not as actuve at the moment or moved to a slightly different position so i am not feeling it or do you think something has happened when i fell??
I havent had any bleeding or pain after ive fallen so unsure.

hannah

I could be just that it's gone quiet, I didn't really definitely feel my baby kicking till I was about 21 weeks, before then it was the occasional flutter and I wasn't sure if it was the baby or not but if you are worried hun I would give your midwife a call and see what she thinks. No bleeding or pain is always a good thing xx

if you're worried then just give your midwife a ring hun! maybe the baby got a little fright after the fall and has just gone a little quiet! but if there's no blood or pain then i'm sure everything's ok! but i can imagine the worry, so just stay calm and give your mw a ring in the morning? :)xx

Thankyou. i think its just peace of mind maybe. they havent been constant flutters the whole time so i am hoping that its just a little quiet at the moment. home alone for the week so i guess you sit and ponder on these things and tend to make them seem worse than what they maybe are. we never think good things do we!!

i am exactly the same! i fell off the sofa last night and panicked.. lol, i'm sure all is okay! just keep calm:) x

I worried like hell at 19 weeks as flutters suddenly stopped and rang midwife she was lovely and let me go in and hear heartbeat and put my mind at ease. Maybe ring midwife and ask if you can see her just to reassure you. I'm sure it's moved or just not kicking as hard. Xxx

In view of the fall and lo quiet I think you should contact MW and get a doppler to listen in to fetal heart just to be sure everything is all ok.

In view of the fall and lo quiet I think you should contact MW and get a doppler to listen in to fetal heart just to be sure everything is all ok.

Exactly my thoughts :)

Do keep us updated x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back