feeling so down.

leannesxb

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Just wanted to have a moan and get things off my chest no need to reply. As you all now I have suffered with Psoriatic arthritis for 4 years and was just getting better when I fell pregnant and had to give up all medication apart from some pain killers. I also am suffering from the dreading SPD.

My 1st son (13 nearly 14 years old) was born at 36 weeks by emergency c-section as my waters had gone with out me feeling over a period of time. He was in SCBU for a few days as he hadn't grown properly inside me and was born weighing 5lb 5ozs.

I went to the mw today and I am measuring the same as 2 weeks ago and on the growth scan 2 weeks ago baby was a little smaller than average. My arthritis and SPd is making me feel rubbish and I am in agony most of the time. I am sick of feeling crappy and tired all the time! Now I feel really worried about baby too and the fact that he might not be growing and I am going through the same as before.

I feel so down and disappointed in my self and my body. I feel like my body isn't meant for pregnancy and isn't looking after my babies. I am starting to feel so resentful in my body for making me be in pain constantly and struggling to do all the things I should be doing. I am so tearful today with it all.

oh hun i'm sorry to hear that your feeling shitty, i have arthritis aswell and i know how hard it can be. i feel pretty crap aswell today just had enough of being pregnant now. :hugs: to you anyway

Just because your body isn't fantastic carrying babies, it doesn't mean you aren't the most fantastic mummy in the world - I'm sure your eldest son would agree you are the best. It must be rubbish to be in pain all the time. I'm having a relatively easy pregnancy and I'm still finding some days a trial!

Is there anything that can help in terms of hot baths/hot water bottles/massage? Could you ask a girlie friend to come over with a packet of choccie biscuits, for a gossip and nail painting session? Small things but they can all make a big difference when you are feeling low. Just think, you are on the home run now and I'm sure that whoever is in charge of your medical care will try to make sure you don't suffer any more than necessary. And small is beautiful, so even if baby is a bit on the tidgy side, doesn't mean that he won't be absolutely perfect. Big hugs xxxx

Not sure what to say hunni dont feel great myself but sending you big big :hugs: xxxx

Sending you big hugs Leanne...as hellywelly says you're on the home straight now...see that you're booked in for a c-section early

Keep strong knowing that tomorrow is another day, and one day closer to meeting your LO xxxxx

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling down! Hope you feel better soon!

:hugs:

Thanks Ladies and in particular to Hellywelly for the kind words. I have decided to put on the last remaining dress I have that fits me, after I have just had a shower and done my hair and actually put a bit of make up on. My son is at a mates for the night and the OH and me are gonna have a quiet night with a movie. I have laid the table for a romantic meal, lit the candles and have dinner planned for when he comes in. I am feeling a little better. Thank you again. xxxxxxxx

Yay!!! Glad you are feeling a bit better. Tell OH after dinner that you need a foot massage as well... :)

aww hugs hun hope you feel better soon xxx

Awwwwwwwww Leanne hope ur ok hunnie. Im sure everything will be ok with lo, Hope ur enjoying ur evening and having some quailty time with oh. Sending u a massive hug xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hope you're having a wonderful night with OH :hug: you've got one son and a gorgeous baby on the way, no matter how they get into this world, I think you've done amazingly sweetie x

Hi ladies thanks for being so supportive. Had a fabulous evening with the OH. Ate dinner he washed up then let me put my head on his lap while he stroked my bump and rubbed in some cocoa butter. Managed to sleep all night after some kissing and a little cuddling. lol.
Then he took me for breakfast this morning and brought me some new bras and knickers as everything was just starting to be cutting off the circulation where I have grown!!! lol. Plus he brought me a honey and milk lush bath bomb for tonight. Feeling tons better. Thanks again. xxxxxxxxxxxx

glad to hear you are feeling better, sounds like you have a lovely OH, not long to go now keep smiling :)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back