Feeling sick...

lisey

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I am really feeling sick today, I am eating often to kurb it and it does but only for a short while. Do any of you have any remedies, advice on easing it at all?
I have a headache and feel light headed too, I wish I could go to bed and sleep for the whole day bleeugh! X

Toast with butter, ribena and those sickness bands went some way to ease it for me, but when it was at its worse nothing could stop it! Hope it eases soon! X

Flat 7Up helps sickness a lot for me... Also if you've been sick replaces sugars and salts :)
Ginger biscuits are a life saver and easy to snack on!
Spearmint or peppermint chewing gum Kurbs it too & mints.
Sea bands help slightly depends how intense the sickness is though sometimes nothing helps it other than being sick!

For headache paracetamol is alright to have if you need it :) make sure you drink lots of fluids (just sip or will make you feel sicker) the smell of lavender oil helps nausea and also helps headaches (brilliant for headaches)

But like you said things only really Kurb nausea for a short while. I'm stil getting that now unfortunately.
Hope some of my tips help you!
Xx

Last edited:
Thanks so much ladies, I will try some of those things. I do have some of those bands but not sure where they are, will have to have a proper look for them x

Last edited:
I am exactly the same....and finding it hard to function normally.

Ginger ale helped at first,but not sure now. Generally eating small and often helps me cope.

Good luck. :). Xx

Hi Lisey,

They say that ginger or mint helps. I had some cola bottles the other day and felt a little better after it lol! I haven't been that bad the last couple of days.

Try ginger biscuits, eat little and often and suck on mints xx

Not sure nothing helped me with my daughter ,the sickness bands did slightly help though x

I really want some cola bottles now lol

I have been eating almost constantly today to try and help but not working, I am guessing there will just be days where I have to deal with it x

Yes there will be definitely days when you will, Inind sometimes find eating doesn't help either.

I cried when I woke up today, coz I just feel so hideous - its getting me down - working from home today, but have no idea how I am gonna get up at 6.30 and go to the office tomorrow!

Can't face my gym classes, so my plan to keep going and eat healthy has been ruined by the nausea!!

AAAGGHHHH! Help!!!

xx

Think the sickness is starting for me big time now too- I find cheese savouries help(ish) xx

I felt ok earlier today but its creeping up on me now. I have got some cola bottles lol, just ate a donut which has helped a little bit x

Last edited:
Think the sickness is starting for me big time now too- I find cheese savouries help(ish) xx

Yes, mini cheddas!! Just sent OH out for more ginger ale!! Glad we are both working from home so he can wait on me hand and foot - haha!

xx

Yes, mini cheddas!! Just sent OH out for more ginger ale!! Glad we are both working from home so he can wait on me hand and foot - haha!

xx

Sounds perfect, wish my OH was home. I was eating mini cheddars first few days then went off them but crisps generally seem to help, its just finding some that I fancy, I always want the flavour I havent got in! X

Wish I was waited on hand and foot! It's alright for some! ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back