Feeling shabby

JJ Mum

Reaction score
Hello ladies, well my bumps not huge its very high and so when i got to uncomfy with bending over completely in jeans etc to do the allotment or sort out my son, i thought maternity clothes time. I got some size 12 next skinny leg mat jeans ( under bump) on flea bay and some mamas and papas shorts too ( under bump) but honestly they have soo much spare material
In the sides and back , the shorts wouldnt be any good all the ruffles using the elastic button adjusted make me look twice as fat but odd shape and the jeans also like i shouldnt have high bump all the low bump and bottom thigh space is not filled..

I wore jeans for few days and got really down as felt fat and frumpy! I put my old jeans back on with hair band, zip a little more open and a layered vest top stretched down under t-shirt to cover zip! , now im thinking of getting some bump bands to do this as it will be hot for two tops soon!!

Feeling disapointed but less frumpy now!

Last edited:
You need to get back into those leggings hun! The only way for complete comfort! ;) xxx

I was going to suggest leggings too. I've got over bump ones as jeans so tight (no bump though) and they are soooo comfy. Hated the under bump so maybe try those? X

I love over the bump things makes u look like u have a really nice neat bump whereas under bump don't look and feel the same I think. They make me look like I have an overhang!!
I'd try leggins like DottyWoman said or over the bump items

We all have our 'I look dreadful' days and they are awful!

Sure
You look beautiful x

I agree with Jodie. For me anything under the bump makes me look like I have serious muffin top. I wear dresses most of the time so the only problem I'm having is that my tights keep rolling down from the waistband to my hips and I spend halftime time pulling them up like a 4 year old! Might have to invest in more suitable tights now. In the meantime, it's back to the leggings for me! P.S. I'm sure you look lovely too, whatever you say! :p xxx

Last edited:
Totally agree on the leggings front! God love them, best invention ever!

I feel completely frumpy too if it makes you feel better lol, I have been trying to wear my jeggings for as long as possible but I have to wear them so low now that they look stupid! The thought of wearing jeans at the moment fills me with horror, even maternity ones. Since being pregnant I just can't get comfy in any form of trousers (except leggings), my fave thing at the moment are my denim maternity shorts from New Look, soooo comfy but don't have enough nice weather to wear them much at mo! :( xxx

Last edited:
I agree with the rest of the girls!! Leggings is the way forward!! lol

xxx

I live in leggings! havent bought any maternity ones yet though! xxx

Leggings scare me. I'm too chubby for them I think!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back