Feeling relieved alittle and a lucky girl :)

misscrazycooki

Reaction score
I'm a savvy shopper anyways but I have picked up alot of freebies from freecycle. I am chuffed t bits as been promised a cotbed which is going to help me no end. Been worrying about not being about to afford one.

Pointless thread really. Just wondered if any other mummies have taken freebies and enjoyed being given second hand stuff. x

We've been given quite a few freebies from my oh's workmate! He gave us a corned, garden swing and slide, second stage carseat and travel cot. All of which have hardly been used as were for when his grandchildren went to stay with him!!

We are getting a Cot, a carseat, bouncer, playmat and loads of clothes from a very close friend of mine. x

We got a crib and some clothes from my SIL, its a great help. x

We were given a cot by our neighbour and my cousin texted to say she has a moses basket and stand, bouncy chair and bath set waiting for us. A lot of friends have bags of clothes but are waiting to find out what we're having :) xxx

We have been given a moses basket and stand, lots of newborn nappies that my friend never used with her LO and a few clothes. Realli helps out x

Got second hand cotbed, travel system, moses basket and bouncy chair for under £100!! Mums buying the new mattress! Got steriliser and bottles etc from boots with my SILs double discount (luckily she was also expecting so it didn't look odd!!) got free baby carrier off of freecycle and clothes and sheets etc etc from friends, family or nct nearly new sales!!!

We got a second hand cot but unfortunately not all of the peices were there so we're not able to use it. However we did manage to get a bargain cotbed in the sale at Babys R Us which was £200 down to £100! I've also got a second hand moses basket and stand and a second hand swing - both in gorgeous condition. I also bought quite a few second hand maternity clothes and will be using blankets for baby that my mum used for me when i was born (after a good boil wash obviously!)

I must admit i do love bargains and that satisfying feeling of getting something cheap or free. Leaves you more money to buy fun, trivial things :) xx

almost everything i have is 2nd hand off ebay or sometihing like that. only a few new clothes as i swapped a load of fabric for a load of baby clothes with my friend

I'm getting Moses Basket, car seat, steriliser and I don't know what else yet from my sister. Have friends and also my sister who have all promised clothes but waiting to see whether I'm team blue or pink.

Have got loads of bargains from eBay, NCT sales and other local second hand sales - nothing free though, but still saved a packet! Got a nursing chair and footstall for £30, a bouncer for a fiver, loads of clothes, blankets, a GRoEgg room thermometer, cot top changer, bath and top n tail bowl... The only things I have bought new are the cotbed, travel system and the Moses basket and stand (and then I doubled up our Tesco club card points at Christmas so got them half price effectively). :)

We're getting my SILs silver cross pram, which can be used as a moses basket with a stand, a door bouncer, a cot and other things

wow what a response ladies lol. Wasn't expecting much we are true bargain hunters x

I have got loads of the Facebook swapshops. I have got clothes bundles, fisher price rainforest cot mobile and playmat, mamas and papas Moses basket, swaddles.

Got loads of boxes of nappies on offer in Asda. Brand new bottles and steriliser on eBay. Pushchair was half price. Cotbed had 25% off then I had a code for another 10% off! Bouncy chair for £14 in the tesco sale. Got given loads of 6months+ from my SIL. Baby monitor was half price, all Pip's soft furnishings have been from mothercare sale.

I've had lots of bargains! Love them!!

To say I'm the tightest and skintest person I know, I actually don't think I've got many second hand items, which is strange! I've had some neutral clothes given to me that my niece had as a baby. My mum seems to of taken a lot of stuff off family members such as a moses basket for when our LO is at hers!

Love freebies too! Been joining all these parenting clubs and websites to receive free baby toys and bottles!

Last edited:
ive managed to get myself a cot bed from family, it was only used for nearly 2 years, just needs a 2nd good clean up. Also got some coats for next winter when bubs will be 6 months old. So far so good, considering im only just thinking about getting stuff x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back