Feeling rejected by baby already!

EmiLou123

Reaction score
So I'm sat on my bed upset because my baby has just been screaming at me for nearly an hour, wouldn't feed, didn't need changing, gave dentinox for wind, wouldn't settle being cuddled, wouldn't settle in moses basket with/without dummy... took him to oh, as soon as I handed him over he stopped screaming... wtf :-( feel a little heartbroken right now!.. xxx

tapatalking x

massive XhugsX. it does get easier.
They do that because they can sense your tense and stressed. Whereas daddy most likely wasnt. its not personal.
xx

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

are you breast feeding?

this happened with my LO when i was Bfing. She would get antsy and upset as she could smell my milk, even though half the time she wouldnt latch on anyway. I used to hand her to OH and leave the room and she would be fine! It used to really upset me.
When I walked back in the room she would open her mouth like a baby birdy looking for the boob. Was one of the worst things about BFing for me. Just being a feeding machine, and not feeling like her mummy!

if your not bfing then maybe he is just picking up on some tension? they are a lot more aware than you think!

sure it will pass. Hugs. xx

Agree with all of the above, probably picking up on stress or milk smell. Wish it was that with my two year old, he is and always has been a complete daddy's boy! He's really not bothered about me at all, all about dad, it does hurt a little but I'm so pleased for my hubby that he has such a special relationship with him, I'm sure it's nothing personal at all xx

Thanks for all the replies! Yes I'm breastfeeding, he's 13 weeks old now and this is the first time it has happened! :-( I want to be mummy, not feeding machine... He's quiet as a mouse now! Deep breath... xxx

tapatalking x

I learned the hard way hiw tuned into me Harry is and he's not BF!! He easily picks up and reacts badly to me being stressed. I ended up in tears a couple of weeks ago because OH took him from me and he was asleep in mins after i'd been struggling for 90mins!

Since then i've made a concious effort not to feel stressed if he's being grumpy and so far i haven't had anymore problems with him.

It anazes ne hiw in tune with us they are! x

It's heart breaking!

Although I don't think it's anything to do with BFing I think it's linked to tension, when I am stressy C will not settle. Fresh arms makes so much difference.

It gets easier Hun but I still feel it when C is a monkey all day.... Hubby comes home from work and C is as happy as larry!! Xx

My lo does this sometimes, she is more of a mummy's girl now but for the 1st few months it was all Daddy! He just had to walk into the room and she would follow him with a big smile on her face!

Just stay calm as they do sence it, think that's why she is a mummy's girl at the moment as I'm calmer when she cries than he is :)

Give it a few months and you will be thinking please let Daddy cuddle you for a bit (even though you love them lots) :) x

Ahh it's horrible isn't it?! I think it's happened to everyone hun.. As the other ladies have said, they easily pick up on tension and stress, it's not a personal thing! Ethan's a mummies boy and still, there's been many a time where he just will not settle and the more I get stressed, the more unsettled he'd get - daddy comes along and he settles straight away xx

So I'm sat on my bed upset because my baby has just been screaming at me for nearly an hour, wouldn't feed, didn't need changing, gave dentinox for wind, wouldn't settle being cuddled, wouldn't settle in moses basket with/without dummy... took him to oh, as soon as I handed him over he stopped screaming... wtf :-( feel a little heartbroken right now!.. xxx

tapatalking x

This was my life for the first 6 weeks. I'd do everything and James would only be comforted by Daddy. It knocked my confidence and made me afraid of my own baby when he cried.

It's such a catch-22 though as they can feel when Mum is upset or stressed and they react to it.

It didn't last forever though and now I know all the tricks in the book to calm James down :lol:

xxxxxxxxxx

Ah it's not just me it happens to then... I have been feeling pretty stressed out recently so I'm thinking that must be why, will have to try and stay calmer around lo so I don't stress him out as well. Still not a nice feeling though,I felt so useless at the time xxx

tapatalking x

Agree with all the above posts! In the early days I thought my baby hated me sometimes haha! They all have off times and defo pick up on the stress thing. Or if your getting worked up. I think it's true about the milk thing too... My friend had to give up BF because her LO wouldn't settle for her and was always trying too feed, her OH worked offshore so she was on her own and really struggled.xxx

My LO did this sometimes to. I don't agree that it's anything to do with bf. I think a lot of it is mummy guilt actually - we automatically think we should be able to calm LO better than anyone and can get quite tense if that's not happening.

It's "not right" if a mum doesn't know how to deal with her own baby
(Btw I mean that as a 'that's how we feel'). So when they get wound up and we've tried everything we get frustrated quicker than other folk do. It's the pressure we put on ourselves. And LOs pick up on that very quickly. X

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

He just did the inconsolable screaming thing again, took me over an hour to settle him and oh is at work! What's going on! He had his second lot of jabs last week, would they upset him? Xxx

tapatalking x

I used to just pop my kids in the pushchair and go for a stroll when they were inconsolable, the motion just calmed them (and me!) down. Even 20 minutes does wonders. The car seat did the same trick and I popped my music on and had a good sing along lol while I drove nowhere in particular.

Don't worry, babies just cry sometimes for no reason. It has nothing to do with you, he could just have a bit of trapped wind. I'm convinced babies just have grumpy days like us though. Chin up hun, try not to let it stress you out xxx

Tapatalking so can't see sigs or click thanks!

I'd just got home from a stroll and he started screaming! Boo... think he had wind though, he's asleep on me now but lots of bottom trumpies are erupting... bless him xxx

tapatalking x

have you tried singing? this is what i started doing. I used to just make up silly songs about poo or trumping or whatever we were doing at the time.

she was just stare at me and smile and it always used to calm her down. It still does! x

Awww, my boys the same! He never stops farting lol x

Tapatalking so can't see sigs or click thanks!

I put some music on and started singing and dancing round the lounge and he calmed down and slept for an hour or so. He's fine now in his bouncy chair after farts, hiccups and a feed (finally!) xxx

tapatalking x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back