Feeling Really Down! x

K X

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I'm so depressed. It was my OH's 21st on Sat, we were having a party at the house for him. Everyone was in the conservatory-DRINKING, so jealous, whilst I was in the kitchen making the buffet. I went to bend down to the oven when my knee gave way and I collapsed on the floor. I was in agony, and embarrassed. My mums friend dialled 999 cause I couldn't move and my leg was severley swollen.

When the crew arrived I was given gas and air-yes the same stuff as in labour- didn't think it eased the pain just made me laugh about it as opposed to cry! Was taken to A&E where I have been put in a bloody plaster cast from ankle to thigh with crutches. I need help getting dressed, can't get off the toilet and it's a nightmare with a huge bump.

I apparentley dislocated my knee-which ladies I have been told during pregnancy can happen as all your ligaments become more stretchy and supple. I will be in plaster for 8 weeks!!

I am now off work, not mobile and very down. Just a warning to you all to not over do it, and not to be on your feet for any long period of time.

I will be on here a lot more now with all my spare time..weep weep.

Hope everyone else is keeping well.xxxx :cry: :cry: :cry:

OH NO!

How unlucky, I bet it was agony!

Hopefully you'll be all fixed by the time you baby arrives though. Fingers crossed!

xxxxx

Oh bloody hell..... :(
sorry that this has happened to you... get well soon
Emilia xxx

You poor thing! Hope your OH and family are looking after you well,

Take care hun and try not to let it get you down
+++

You poor thing! What a nightmare. Pregnant and a plaster cast! :(

I have been so obsessed about protecting my back I hadn't even thought of my knees. Why are womens bodies so badly designed? :evil:

Take it easy babe and get well soon

Hi K X

I really feel for you. You really dont need this especially when you have only a few weeks to go. You have my deepest sympathy hun.

Chin up. You will be laughing about it this time next year (hopefully).

x

Hey hun -

A friend of mine broke her ankle while pregnant with her third...it doesn't bear thinking about...but the main thing for you to do now is rest up and don't worry. I understand the boredom, I really do. Can you knit? I believe it nearly saved my friend from madness! Lay in some knitting or crochet patterns, and get OH to bring you to the library - and you could always design your nursery all over again or give orders from your chair while nieces/nephews/ family members all hop to it at your every whim!

*HUG* I am so sorry that this has happened to you - you will be okay, though, and so will baby, you will see! I bet you're feeling the kicks even more now that you are staying still.

Take care and let us know how you get on!

Sue

Thanks for all your kind words ladies. Midwife has just been to see me, cause I can't get up to the clinic to see her. Little Becky Bump is fine, her heart is beating away, this was what I was most concerned about. It's strange how an instinct comes over you, as I don't care what happens to me, I can take the bumps and scrapes but as long as she is okay that's the main thing.

Got fracture clinic tomorrow so will let you know my fate as I find out exactlt how long this cast will be on for.

Remember and take care of yourself and your bodies, they are fragile!xx

awwwwwww....hugs.
Im really sorry to hear you news, fingers crossed the POP will be gone before labour.
take it easy, lots of rest. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back