Feeling really down. Got a couple of questions to ask please

glittergirl

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I just needed to write a few words and hopefully get some advice from you.

I lost our baby on New Years Eve in hospital. Both OH and i are devastated but are completely there for each other.

I was 11 weeks and can't tell you how excited we both were to be looking forward to being a mammy and daddy. It took us a year to get our good news and now its been snatched away from us :cry: :cry:

What i would like is some on advice is ttc again. I had a d & c on 31.12.07 and i have had only very slight bleeding a few days afterwards. The bleeding has just about stopped now (get the odd tiny bit of brown spotting). I went to my docs back home last Thurs and she said as long as we were emotionally ready then there was no reason why we couldn't try straight away. I was really relieved to hear this as i can't bear the thought of waiting. After talking this through with OH he feels exactly the same.

Anybody else start trying almost immediately?
Did you wait till you get your 1st period?

Also how long does it take for your opk's and hpt's to stop showing a really strong positive? I've done 2 of each a couple of days apart and they both still give a positive.

Sorry if i've rambled, i just needed to put my thoughts down on here as i get nowhere when they are just flying around in my head.

glittergirl said:
Hi everyone

I just needed to write a few words and hopefully get some advice from you.

I lost our baby on New Years Eve in hospital. Both OH and i are devastated but are completely there for each other.

I was 11 weeks and can't tell you how excited we both were to be looking forward to being a mammy and daddy. It took us a year to get our good news and now its been snatched away from us :cry: :cry:

What i would like is some on advice is ttc again. I had a d & c on 31.12.07 and i have had only very slight bleeding a few days afterwards. The bleeding has just about stopped now (get the odd tiny bit of brown spotting). I went to my docs back home last Thurs and she said as long as we were emotionally ready then there was no reason why we couldn't try straight away. I was really relieved to hear this as i can't bear the thought of waiting. After talking this through with OH he feels exactly the same.

Anybody else start trying almost immediately?
Did you wait till you get your 1st period?

Also how long does it take for your opk's and hpt's to stop showing a really strong positive? I've done 2 of each a couple of days apart and they both still give a positive.

Sorry if i've rambled, i just needed to put my thoughts down on here as i get nowhere when they are just flying around in my head.

I would wait until thehpts are neg hun.

My doctor said I could start straight away (ttc that is) and I ended up having further complications after my m/c as I had medical management.

I woud give your body at least a cycle if not more but I know how hard it is to wait that long.

The best thing I did was give my body a chance to have 3 good periods (I saw it as my body having a good clean out) and then we started TTC.

Im so sorry to hear about your LO :hug:

I also had a D&C after my miscarriage and we were advised to wait until I had one 'normal' period, this was to make sure that everything had settled down ok.

good luck

I had a MC then after my d&c and the bleeding had totally stopped we started to TTC straight away has me and OH both wanted to, Thinking back i had 2 periods then the third one never came as you can see by my ticker.

I know we were lucky to get pregnant again so quickly, but we were reassured by doctors that it was safe to do so.

All the best with TTC xxx

Hon the choice is yours, however after d and c maybe allow at least one period...

Either way your body wont become preg until it is ready

P.s im so sorry to hear your feeling down, I hope you feel better soon and know how hard it can be

x

xx

i tried again straight away (tho a bit half hearted) and didnt get pregnant, so we are now on the next month of trying properly and currently in the 2ww. i at my period had some clots etc come out, tho i didnt have a d+c so that may be why.
i was getting positives for 3weeks after my miscarriage- to my frustration as i was trying again.
ggod luck for the new year- i know how u feel tho we hadnt been trying so long as we had been so looking forward to being parents and we wanted our baby at our wedding (would of been about 4months pregnant)-had planned for this and felt very fortunate wen we first found out, unfortunately it wasnt meant to be

good luck for u this time xxx

Hi girls

Thank you all for your replies. Your advice means alot to me as sometimes i just dont know whats for the best.

Steelgoddess - Thank you once again for your kind words. I'm so pleased you got your BFP. I remember you from when i first joined the ttc'rs. I'll still be keeping a sneaky peak on how you girls in 1st tri are doing. :hug:

Gerb - Thank you too. I know how you must be feeling. Its hard but our time will come i'm sure. :hug:

Hon,if you feel ready and your doc is with you then there is no reason why you shouldn't start straight away. I don't think your body will actually allow you to become pregnant until it is totally clean of everything and ready to go again anyway. I think most people wait at least one cycle to allow their bodies to adjust back to normal a bit but you don't necessarily have to. I lost my baby in November, although I m/c naturally so no d&c, and I just couldn't wait so we started again straight away and hey presto! I ovulated almost exactly 2 weeks after my m/c and got caught straight away so here's proof it can happen! So far everything is going great and I'm almost 9 weeks now. Nature has it's own wicked way of working things out and when the time is right it will happen for you, I've no doubt.
Good luck!

hi hun,
the midwife who dealt with me at epas said to use contraception for a while to let my body get back to normal. We arent trying again but I thought I would let you know.

I think the body must take a battering but only you will know if you are ready.

Laura x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back