feeling passed around

mrz85

Reaction score
any one else feel they get passed back between midwife and gp I feel I am :wall2:

you dont really need to deal with a gp unless your in a higher risk pregnancy, so unless your midwife feels that you need joint led care, cant really understand why you would need to see a gp,

you dont really need to deal with a gp unless your in a higher risk pregnancy, so unless your midwife feels that you need joint led care, cant really understand why you would need to see a gp,
she told me my gp has certain things thats theire job not her s:wall2:

really? did she say what?as the only thing that really happens at appointments, are measurements, listening to baby, checking your waters, doing bloods and booking scan appointments and your midwife does all of that.

the only time i saw a doctors was when they wanted to see why i needed a blood transfusion in my first pregnancy to see if i was high risk in my second and then again when i caught an infection and needed a section

generally the mw should be the person u go to.
although personally i went to the dr with a uti and the mw seemed a bit pissed off at that,but i didnt see the point of seeing the mw who would then have to call the on call dr and get the right antibiotics when i could just go see my dr,
maybe an idea t ask her what things u need to go see the gp for.

Thats strange the MW would say that. If you feel like she isnt interested maybe you should request a new MW? You dont need to be feeling like you are being passed around. You are supposed to be able to enjoy being pregnant and know you can go to your MW if needed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back