Feeling off colour after miscarriage - how long?

Radleycat

Reaction score
So I had an early miscarriage as I've already posted on here. It's almost a week since I passed the material and I got a heavier bleed after that followed by lighter for a few days. 6 days in total from start to finish so a bit more than my normal period length of 3-4 days.
I just dont feel right. I feel exceptionally tired and light headed a log it the time. I'm still off work with a bad back so have been able to rest, I just feel so washed out. Pregnancy test was neg, as I thought, a few days ago. And I had a uti a couple of weeks back but that all gone now too and I'm done with the antibiotics.
Why do I still feel like crap? Doing anything exhausts me and I feel light headed during the day. I thought I would be back to normal by now...?

It did take me a couple of weeks to get back to 'normal', you'll start feeling physically better soon hopefully. X

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pregnancy tests only pick up HCG, but your other hormones go nuts when you're pregnant too and they can take a while to settle back down. That is probably what's causing you to feel funny. Its also possible you're a bit low in iron after all that bleeding!

I had a mmc that ended up needing surgical management after medical management didn’t clear everything and it took me a while to feel normal again after. I was feeling very dizzy and lightheaded for a while. Had to have blood tests which showed my thyroid and iron levels were a bit out, but when I had a repeat text 6 weeks later everything had gone back to normal. It takes a while for your body to regulate itself after going through all of that I guess. Hope you feel better soon.

I was a good 2-3 weeks before feeling physically better. As long as you watch out for signs of infection (shivers, temperature, smelly odours, etc) and not going through more than a pad an hour in blood they say you shouldn't need to get in touch.
I'm still occasionally bleeding even though a got a negative test over a week ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back