Feeling normal again?

L2310

Reaction score
When did everyone start to feel like themselves again? I know its only been a week today since my LO was born but I'm still feeling weak, tired (may be the lack of sleep though!) and emotional. I cry because I love her so much, I cry because I'm clingy to my OH, I cry because I'm scared to go out on my own with her and I just want to get on with our new lives! I had a small tear so that's been really painful and was getting me down but that's starting to feel a bit better now so I can see a light at the end of the tunnel for that at least! Xx

About 6 weeks until I felt any resemblance of normality!

xxxxxx

B is just over a year and I still don't feel normal lol! Joking aside I would say about 6 weeks sounds about right. I was never aware of a massive significant change but everything just kinda falls into place and the hormones start disappearing. X

Between 6 - 8 weeks, I definitely felt a lot better - but 3 months down the line, I'm still not quite my old self...it can take up to a year for the body to recover though.

With each week that passes, you will feel a lot better, don't worry xx

I've only just stopped crying daily at 25 days pp lol!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

3 weeks till I stopped crying everyday! I was surprised by how rubbish (emotionally) I felt! I cried about everything and nothing.

Thanks girls! Hopefully I can pull myself together soon haha - I feel ok on the days after I've had a good night so I'm sure its triggered by lack of sleep! Had a good night last night so today will be the test! Xx

God I forgot all about the crying everyday!

At the time I didn't admit it to anyone (OH saw it everyday though), at least I know next time it's normal :shock:

xxxxxxxx

I cried a lot from weeks 2-4 then got better slowly till around 6-8 weeks where I was much less emotional! Totally normal but it made me question whether I was ok! But I'm fine (I think!)

You don't get told about all this! Ha! I feel a lot better now, still randomly weepy but no where near as bad as the beginning lol xx

Well I'm just over 4 weeks and I'm starting to feel a bit more normal and certainly less panicky than I was even last week. For the first 2 weeks I felt absolutely awful, crying constantly and just feeling really lost and overwhelmed. Week 3 I was an emotional wreck cos I had to give up breastfeeding. I've still been crying this week but I know that's down mainly to sleep deprivation. Like the girls say it's normal but you're right no one tells you how shit you feel! I feel so guilty as well cos I wanted this for so long I have been shocked at how bad I've felt. But it'll pass and every day I feel a little bit better xxx

Kaykay - I felt the same about wanting it for so long and the guilt over how I felt! Before Josh was born I never expected to be as emotional as I was - it came as such a surprise. I was a mess. Didn't help that due to c section I can't drive so felt trapped at home and overwhelmed by people visiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back