Feeling movement

michelle82

Reaction score
This is my 1st pregnancy and I'm nearly 16 weeks (tomorrow) and I was wondering if anyone else has felt movement, last night in bed I thought I felt something like a gentle tickle from inside, but dismissed it but the same thing happened today. I know its not wind or tummy rumbles because neither of those things are that gentle, Since being preggers I've found I've become v aware of what go's on in my body! The books all say by 18-20 you should feel something but if its your 2nd it can be from 16 weeks, but thats only because you have more of an idea what it feels like nothing medically different. Anyone else like me?

Hiya Michelle

It could very well be the baby you are feeling. Some women do feel their baby earlier than is text book as we are all different. Usually very slim women feel movement much earlier.

I started feeling soft bubbling and popping sensations at 16wks but was never convinced it was the baby...just when you try and concentate hard it stops! - By 19wks I knew it was the baby I could feel and the soft popping was much sharper. Between 20 & 21 wks I could watch my tummy move with the little kicks and my hubby could feel it too!

As the weeks pass you will be more sure of what you are feeling because the sensations are much more defined.

Hi Michelle

I felt first movements at 16-17 weeks, and it's my first baby. At my second scan (23w) I was told baby had long legs which may explain why I was feeling it so early. I knew it was my baby only because it was nothing like anything else I'd felt - e.g. hunger pangs/indigestion/uterus stretching etc.....

As Rachael says the tickle does eventually become more defined - for me, by around 18 weeks the kicks felt a little bit like muscle spasms - and by 19 weeks hubby could feel the kicking.

For now I suspect it will be your little secret - it may be a few weeks before you can share it with someone else!

LBxx

I asked the very same questions about movement at 11 weeks and everyone (except my sister in law who has ahad 5 kids) has poo-pooed what I said! They told me it was too early. Well I'm sticking to the story that I'm feeling the baby move. And it's weird because what I'm feeling is flutters and sometimes little pops like "someone pinging an elastic" which was what my husband said when he put his hand on my tummy. Sometimes there's a lot of movement like there's a seven a side going on in there but at other times it's very quiet. But I have noticed that baby likes it when I eat something sweet!

Here's to active babies. I have my scan tomorrow, will let you all know and post piccies as soon as I can.

Sue

ive been feeling movement since i was about 14 weeks im almost 5 months in 2 days and i feel him every day its great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back