Feeling in limbo...

Cosmogirl7

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

So this week has been tough, have broken down a few times and emotions have been all over the place.

I feel a bit like I'm not sure I should still be posting in tri 1 after doc saying there was no baby in the sac but I feel like I can't give up hope and I still feel pregnant. Have been feeling really sick at some point of every day and still shattered at nights.

Have been trawling the Internet all week and found so many examples of 5 and a half week scans that have no baby then later scans showing everything fine but also the opposite where it didn't work out. If it was this alone I could handle it but the elongated scan is worrying too and I just think both things together aren't good especially with the brown spotting too.

Anyhow bit of a pointless thread but just wanted to have a wee vent. Roll on the scan on Tuesday to find out for sure.

Gill xxx

Of course you should still post in tri 1, we're all here whenever you need to chat/vent xx

I think it's great that you're not giving up hope...try to stay positive. I don't really know what else to say as I can't really imagine what you're going through. I hope everything works out for you and the baby shows up in the next scan. Will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Big hug xx

Thanks Sammy :)

I just want so badly to go for scan on Tuesday and everything be alright, I feel like it'll be back to square one again if they say still no baby and absolutely dreading what would come after that but for now I'm really trying to stay positive xxx

Positive thoughts are whats needed Cosmogirl. I really hope the next few days pass quickly and tuesday's scan shows a healthy growing baby. Sending you lots of love and hugs. We are all here for you x

Michelle x

So glad you are still keeping positive. The limbo phase is awful and I know how you feeł. The Internet can be your best friend and worst enemy at this time but if you've still got symptoms and still haven't had a big bleed you're certainly in with a chance. Really hope it's good news on Tuesday for you. Good luck. xxx

Oh Gill, I can't even imagine what you're going through. It must be so hard just "not knowing", it's awful that you've had to wait this long, I have everything crossed for you for Tuesday and I hope everything turns out great.
Of course you should still be posting in Tri1, we are all here to support you and want to share your journey (good or bad), these forums have made me realise that we are all in this together :) xx

Hi Cosmogirl, remain positive it's the best thing for you and baby.
I just wanted to share a really positive story about a family friend of mine who went through something similar a few years ago. She got her bfp and had a bit of bleeding at 6weeks and went in to the epu and they checked and only found a sack. She decided she would wait and see what happened and just got to the 12 week scan. No further bleeding happened and she went to the 12 weeks scan and there was a baby but the sonographer couldn't detect a heartbeat and neither could her superior. They started discussing things with my friend but she said that something deep within her felt that they were just wrong. So she decided to wait a week - still no blood and then she went for a private scan for a different opinion. Low and behold there was a very faint heartbeat. She returned 2 weeks later and the heartbeat got stronger. The rest of her pregnancy went smoothly and 6 years on her daughter is doing brilliantly at school/sports etc!
Never give up hope and I hope everything goes wonderfully with you chick.xxx

If it helps, I had a scan at 5 weeks to confirm my pregnancy by my gp & all they could see was a sac!

I'm now 33 weeks with a healthy baby boy :)

xxxx

We are all rooting for you here and hope that you continue to keep posting in tri 1. Your positivity is wonderful :) Good luck at your next scan!

Jeez girls my eyes are filled up with tears here reading all your lovely messages. Thank you so much.

Babybee that's an amazing story, it just shows you!! I've been looking on the net this morning at possibly going to a different doctor for a second opinion, will see how Tuesday goes. Just not sure about the doctor now as at the scan she was like there's no hope, there's no baby, it's for the best etc. then 2 days later after rising hcg levels she says oh well maybe there's a slight chance we'll see. It doesn't fill me with confidence xxx

God I'm crying reading all those story's! I really hope things work out for you cosmogirl, you should be so proud of yourself for keeping so strong and positive. xxx

Gill,
This really is the hardest place to be. I've been in limbo so many times and each time I've done what you have, trawl the internet for answers and felt like i was losing my mind. There are enough good stories out there so don't lose hope. I really hope it goes well for you on tues.
Btw i came to tri1 each time and everyone was lovely.
Fliss

Oh Hun, I really hope you get the news you deserve on Tuesday. Either way we are all here for you. X

I really strongly believe in second opinions! Doctors always have to give the worst scenario, but the good docs are the one that help think of other ways to help.
Another unrelated thing that happened was to my grandad was he was diagnosed with stomach cancer and given 3 months 'tops' to live. He decided the doctor knew nothing, he'd fought in ww2 against facism (he was Italian) so he was made of stronger stuff. He went to a hospital in Milan, they operated and he lived for another 16 years - enough time to be around for the births of 2 other grandchildren.

Anyway I'll stop rambling. Stay positive and trust how you feel! I hope everything goes well for you, like the others have said, everyone is here for you.xxx

Keeping everything crossed for you lovely. Really glad you are managing to stay positive. Roll on next week so you can get some answers. I really think that the fact that you still feel pregnant, and the fact that you're having more symptoms etc is a good sign.
Keep positive xxxx

goodluck hun, its a horrible position to be in but stay strong x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back