Feeling hopeful.

Sunnydays

Reaction score
I'm starting to feel very hopeful and positive about this ttc lark. Although we have been ntnp for the last 5/6 years and nothing ever happened I genuinely think it was just a case of not dtd on the right day. We could sometimes go a month with out dtd and it usually did happen on a weekend, after a few drinks etc. Neither of us have a very high sex drive. However now that we have actively decided to ttc I started using opks last month. I ovulated on cd14 or 15, very text book stuff. I did get caught, and although it ended in a chemical, we have just taken from it that at least it means we can actually get caught. I had no idea if my cycles were regular or not having never tracked them atall before last month. Last day my cycle was bang on28 days and today on cd13 I have had a very near positive opk, I think this evening or tomorrow wil be positive meaning I will probably ovulate cd14/15 again. Being 37 I think the time between my lh surge and ovulation are quite short. I'm feeling very hopeful today that my cycles are textbook regular and I'm also hoping that that will make it very easy for me to track my cycles giving us the best chance of a bfp again some time. Here's hoping.

Update: just had my positive opk, at the same time on the same cycle day as last month.

Last edited:
I think you have every reason to feel positive Sunnydays.
I'm excited for you and looking forward to you getting your BFP soon.
I think as we get older we might have to wait to catch a good egg but the fact you had a chemical last month is a really good sign, hopefully it is just a matter of time.

Now to relax and enjoy ttc hey! ;)
Plus it's a fab feeling when you feel your body is working like it should!!

Xx

I'm starting to feel very hopeful and positive about this ttc lark. Although we have been ntnp for the last 5/6 years and nothing ever happened I genuinely think it was just a case of not dtd on the right day. We could sometimes go a month with out dtd and it usually did happen on a weekend, after a few drinks etc. Neither of us have a very high sex drive. However now that we have actively decided to ttc I started using opks last month. I ovulated on cd14 or 15, very text book stuff. I did get caught, and although it ended in a chemical, we have just taken from it that at least it means we can actually get caught. I had no idea if my cycles were regular or not having never tracked them atall before last month. Last day my cycle was bang on28 days and today on cd13 I have had a very near positive opk, I think this evening or tomorrow wil be positive meaning I will probably ovulate cd14/15 again. Being 37 I think the time between my lh surge and ovulation are quite short. I'm feeling very hopeful today that my cycles are textbook regular and I'm also hoping that that will make it very easy for me to track my cycles giving us the best chance of a bfp again some time. Here's hoping.

Update: just had my positive opk, at the same time on the same cycle day as last month.

Just to say good luck on your ttc journey, I'm in a similar situation but I'm 44yrs old been trying for 23 months, I caught pregnant in September but lost it. I just wanted to add that apparently when you get older you are more likely to ovulate just before your LH surge, I read it on the net as a lady was ttc and couldn't understand why nothing was happening., turns out a scan showed her egg had popped before the surge, it's common. I caught by dtd right on day of surge but have heard you have more chance the day before, good luck! xx

Just to say good luck on your ttc journey, I'm in a similar situation but I'm 44yrs old been trying for 23 months, I caught pregnant in September but lost it. I just wanted to add that apparently when you get older you are more likely to ovulate just before your LH surge, I read it on the net as a lady was ttc and couldn't understand why nothing was happening., turns out a scan showed her egg had popped before the surge, it's common. I caught by dtd right on day of surge but have heard you have more chance the day before, good luck! xx

Thank you. I wishing you all the luck in the world aswell. I've had a bleed and cramps today, why would this be? I've never had mid cycle bleeds before? We dtd on cd 10, 12 and early hours of this morning cd14 (2am-don't ask). I'm petrified by this bleed? Is there even a thing such as ovulation bleeding?

Last edited:

Thank you. I wishing you all the luck in the world aswell. I've had a bleed and cramps today, why would this be? I've never had mid cycle bleeds before? We dtd on cd 10, 12 and early hours of this morning cd14 (2am-don't ask). I'm petrified by this bleed? Is there even a thing such as ovulation bleeding?

Yes you can get ovulation spotting, usually it's a sign of a strong ovulation, it's a good sign apparently. If you get it any other time in your cycle I would see your Dr, although you can get implantation bleeding after ov too, usually 8-9dpo. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back