Feeling guilty for leaving baby on play gym?

Summergurl

Reaction score
Am I the only one?
I'm sure I'm not but I can't help feel guilty for leaving her playing on the play gym. She loves it. Is happy, content and smiley. She'll be 7weeks old.

The guilt though gets me. I feel like I should always be there playing and interacting with her.

Anybody else feel like this?

I'm the same but he's really enjoying it now, he's 16weeks old but 8 weeks early.
I can leave him on there whilst sorting his bottles out n that now I can hear him talking away to him self.
He's really found his voice now in a good way.
I do feel bad if I leave him though xx

It's horrible isn't it. I'm always wondering if I'm doing the right thing!

I feel the same i think she must feel lonely but she is smiling and tryi g to hit bits. My hv said leave her if she is ok let her entertain herself x

Ah no enjoy it! Soon you'll have no choice but to play with them or have them following you to the loo.
So long as they're happy and safe, let go of the guilt!

I'm the opposite and don't feel guilty.

To be fair it's the only time I can get anything done as my baby just doesn't sleep in the day unless being held or if we're out in the pram/car.

I'd say enjoy it whilst you can :) xx

I'm the opposite and don't feel guilty.

To be fair it's the only time I can get anything done as my baby just doesn't sleep in the day unless being held or if we're out in the pram/car.

I'd say enjoy it whilst you can :) xx

My baby is the same never sleeps in the day unless im holding her. I did put her down this morning and managed to put dinner in the slow cooker. I also had breakfast which i am hardly able to have.

I remember with my LG when she was newborn and would sleep so peacefully, I'd start some housework and not think about her (for like a few seconds or something), then I'd feel crushing guilt/anxiety because I didn't expect that to happen. I also developed fairly severe PND which was part of my problem but I think every mum I have ever known says something similar. Welcome to mothering guilt.

Thanks ladies.
I know rationally she's fine & getting in some learning but the guilt overwhelms me sometimes.
We're lucky she's in a lovely routine. Sleeps all morning except for feeds. Fairly awake I'm the afternoon & evening and then sleepy from about 8/9 with her going off soundly from 11.
I know she's content otherwise she'd let me know but still feel like I should be entertaining her but I need to get stuff done!

Hey I'm sure you'd feel worse if you were starving and had no clean clothes! ;) Almost everything you do is for your baby. You eat so you're strong to take care of her, you do laundry so she has clean clothes, you do housework so she has a nice clean environment to grow up in... putting her on a playmat where she is occupied and happy isn't neglecting or abandoning her, it's just so you can take care of all the other aspects of her wellbeing :)

I remember with my LG when she was newborn and would sleep so peacefully, I'd start some housework and not think about her (for like a few seconds or something), then I'd feel crushing guilt/anxiety because I didn't expect that to happen. I also developed fairly severe PND which was part of my problem but I think every mum I have ever known says something similar. Welcome to mothering guilt.

I've lost count of the amount of times my heart has skipped a beat and I've thought "oh shit, have we forgot Penny?!" She's just so bloody quiet!!

I remember worrying about the same thing with dd1 but don't worry. By the time it comes to number 2 they are permanently on mat!! x

i think you are lucky for being able to leave your child. mine won't last 5 minutes without me.

just enjoy it. if she's happy about it, then relax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back