feeling good again

Layla

Reaction score
HI guys

im having a kind of debate with Jase and my mate.

right now, coz i cant fit back in to my old clothes, i feel very frumpy and unattractive.

I want to get hair extentions put in, just so i can feel a bit better about the way i look, i really think they will give me a boost.

Jase and my mate say, its only been two weeks, i shouldnt be so hard on myself and that Jase loves me no matter how i look.
but i am a very vain person and i can admit that, so i want and need to be looking my best.

they will cost £150 which im willing to pay.

what do you think? also what lenghts would you ot go to to make yourself feel better? or is it just me that thinks/feels this way?

Hi Layla' I'm new on here! :D i do think you are being a little too hard on youself if its only been 2weeks, my lil boy is 18wks and its only past few weeks I'm fitting in my size 8 jeans again! But maybe thats cause he's my second! As for the hair extensions I would say go for it ! If you think it will make you feel better then do it! My first big night out after having my babe, my boyf paid for me to hav one of those St Tropez tans as I was preg all summer and couldnt handle sitting in the sun! :cry: It made me feel so much more confident on that night out and even had the guts to wear a nice backless top to! If it will make you happy GO FOR IT :wink:

It's been 6 weeks since I gave birth Layla, and I still look rough normally :wink:

People keep telling me 'it's only been ....weeks - don't be so hard on yourself' too. It doesn't make me feel any better when Mark says 'I love you the way you are, you only had a baby ...weeks ago'......makes me so annoyed! :shock:

I am a fairly vain person too admittedly, I like to know I look good and it makes me feel 20times better about myself. If you want to spend £150 on hair extensions because it will make you feel better about how you look Layla, then go ahead. No one can put a price on self esteem.

I am in desperate need of some hair dye and a trim/thinning out, so have been inspired by you and booked the hairdresser to come over next thursday.

Hope you do get them and would love to see them afterwards ( I've always wanted my hair extended). x

I need to book the hairdresser too, really regretting not having a cut/colour before I gave birth!

Layla, If I were you I'd use the £150 on new clothes instead... hair extensions are nice but they don't last very long...a new outfit can do wonders.

Actually my friend had a personal shopper at Debenhams and she raved and raved about it...I'd love to try that!

hi all!

layla, i may be wrong correct me if i am but is the fact you want extensions not also due to the fact you're a mum? it's a bit cliché.. but mums with long hair!! i have grown my hair during the pregnancy cause i didnt want it short when baby came

anyway, i had hair extensions put in 5 times and they were great fun!! i'd recommend it just for the fun of it :D
though they can give you a headache depending on how they are put in and depending on if you're having braids or just loose hair put in

hope you feel more comfy with yourself soon hun

Hi

I couldnt give a toss how I look at the moment. Isaac comes first so I dont mind looking rough. Before I fell pregnant I worked in an office and had to dress smart everyday so now not getting up in the morning and showering straight away and putting on make up is a welcome break from being done up like a dogs dinner all day! I love watching trisha in my pj's even if it does make me feel a bit pikey lol

As for hair extensions just think how you will feel when the baby pulls them all out! lol

Only joking...if it will make you feel better in yourself that it can only be a good thing! My only concern would be that its money that could be better spent on other things but that just practical old me!

Lou :)

cheers guys,

i have deicded that i am going to buy the hair and do them myself( with a bit of help from Jase), it will save alot of money then.

Pips - i want longer hair just coz i used to have it long and i felt better for it, plus it saves alot of time in the mornings, i can tie it back when im rushing to get my other kids to school and do it when i get back, now my hair is in a short bob and i have to wash it before i leave the house coz it sticks up lol its to short to tie back.
also, im a hairdresser so i just feel that coz i had to be tidy and glam for work that i have let myself go a bit.
it would be loose hair, braids take to long to do.

urchin - i did think about buying new clothes with the money insterad, but then i would have to buy a size up from what i was before i got pregnant and that would prob make me feel worse lol.

Sami - hope you feel better once you had your hair done :)

Lisa - Welcome to the forums! :D

Layla hun....I think that you are being really hard on yourself.
I didnt see your post before i posted mine. I was under the impression that it took a month or two to lose the baby weight
I think youve made a great choice with buying the hair and doing it yourself. cant wait to see the results!!
oh yeah....blonde or brunette???

Cool, i seem to remeber you having dark hair at some point too, wasnt sure which you'd opt for!
Gotta be blonde tho!! (she says scowling at her nasty roots on her blonde hair!!!!)

yeah i was dark for a while, im blonde natualy tho so i decided to go back to it for a change

Layla, you are being too hard on yourself, you look great.

HOWEVER...I know how it is to feel big and frumpy and unattractive and when nothing fits when you go shopping it's a little discouraging, as I found the other day. My OH keeps telling me I look great too, even though I know that I'm at least three stone heavier now than I was when we met.

SO whatever makes you feel good about yourself hun, go for it. You have just been through having a child and not feeling great after it - and no matter what anyone says about being thrilled, let's face it, new mums aren't jumping out of their skin all the time with the joy of motherhood. YOU DESERVE IT AND YOU ARE WORTH IT - and that's not an ad for Loreal!

Sue

Hope the hair extemnsions worked Layla. Know exactly what you mean, had to have my nails done, hence the dodgy typing, and am getting hair done very soon. Plus went clothes shoopping (though cme back with a majority of them in sizes 0-3 months hmmm)

I have a bad self image at the best of times and have really struggled throughout pregnancy and after, not helped by OH trying to say he vieweed me differntly as a mum but not expressing himself correctly and actually saying he didn't know if he still fancied me (have had a really rough week) :( Making him pay for nails, clothes and hair though!!!!

Hi Layla

im glad your going for the hair extensions.
Show soem pics afterwards!!
I feel the same way as you except im not allowed to do any exercise for 6-8 weeks. so long.
Katrina

im getting the hair on saturday so i will put them in on sunday, i will post pics if all goes well :)

Cool!

Good luck I hope it does the trick making you feel and look good again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back