Feeling down

Emma58

Reaction score
The closer it is to baby arriving the more i'm panicking. Me and OH are having problems (not in our relationship - but because of OH's ex).

I feel like the baby is going to have to take a backseat to everything else and i'm really beginning to worry i won't be able to cope with a newborn and all the other things that are going on at the minute.

I can't sleep properly, i'm having panic attacks and I can't stop crying. I don't know if it's just partly my hormones as well but i'm really beginning to struggle and feel frightened about having a baby on top of everything.

Sorry if none of that makes any sense at all - I'm rambling.

Cant really say much to help but just wanted to give you these :hug: :hug: :hug: keep ur chin up hun x

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I'd say hormones are to blame for a lot of it. I'm getting more and more scared as each day passes and feel very panicky and like I won't be able to cope too sometimes, and generally a bit down. It will all work out though. Just take some time out for yourself and don't be too hard on yourself. It's perfectly normal to feel like you do.

I know a good nights sleep will do me the world of good, but that is when the little man decides it's playtime!! And when my brain decides to wake up and keep me thinking about the stupidest things.

I feel absolutely tired out and it doesn't take much to set me off crying - it prob is just the hormones going haywire again.

I'm pleased to know it's not just me panicking at the thought of coping with a baby. And it is normal.

Just think about how you have reacted to other big changes in your life. Chances are it's the same.

Having a baby is perhaps the biggest change you can ever take on in life, it would be more worrying if you weren't scared. Just shows you are realistic about what having a baby means. It's just a shame that this side of feelings to do with having a baby that are perfectly normal are often ignored in the world around you, which makes you feel like it's in some way wrong to ever feel scared or overwhelmed.

Have a nice bubble bath preferably with candles and have a good cry. It's the only thing that's keeping me sane right now. Not doing much for the old carbon footprint though :lol:

Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate.. I cannot stress this enough as a short term cure for wanting to rip the nearest persons head off and spit down their throat. :rotfl:

The tiredness thing is what gets me the most.. I'm just always tired now and it means you don't think straight.. so try and rest as much as you can... :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

LOL I haven't had any chocolate for days.

That could be the solution Squiglet thanks!!

Where's that tin of Minature Heroes gone???

:hug: :hug: :hug: I've got wild mood swings instead and I just scream and shout.

I'm here if you need to chat x

Babylicious said:
:hug: :hug: :hug: I've got wild mood swings instead and I just scream and shout.

I'm here if you need to chat x

Thank you :hug:

I have been to see Diane at HRI today, she is lovely isn't she?

Yeah she's fab, did you get some crutches? Has she told you about the red pillows to take in when you have baby?

Babylicious said:
Yeah she's fab, did you get some crutches? Has she told you about the red pillows to take in when you have baby?

No, no crutches -Yet! she thinks i should leave work sooner rather than later or at least reduce my hours.

Yeah she told me about the red pillows - I think it's a great idea i'll def be doing that.

Tomorrow i'm off to buy a birthing ball she wouldn't let me have hers LOL
It was bliss sitting on that.

tesco have them for £6 :D

When do you plan to go on maternity leave?

I am meant to be starting Maternity leave on the 21st March. I think i'm going to work it so that my Maternity leaves finishes around July then i'll still have the 6 weeks hols off work.

wow thats late - will you be 37 weeks? I'm going 35/36 weeks I think, but fed up already.

Aww don't really have any words of wisdom but hormones have a lot to answer for :hug: :hug: :hug:

Yep i'll be 37 weeks by then. I was planning on working as long as I possibly could because of me only starting the job in Sept I wanted to make sure I was entitled to Company Maternity Pay.

I'm fed up now I would quite gladly leave now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back