Feeling down

Jule

Reaction score
My SIL has just announced she is pregnant. As much as I am trying, I just cant be happy for them at the moment - too busy feeling sorry for myself!

They dont know about our journey, and I cant tell them now cos I dont want them to feel awkward around us or think that they cant be happy about their good news because of us :( They are much younger than us and according to them, have been trying for AGES (4 months or something :roll: ). They will be the first to produce a grandchild for my parents, and the first baby in our family since... well..... my brother I think. I am so jealous and frustrated with mother nature :evil:

Why oh why cant it be me???!!

aww hun, I do know how you feel :hug:

I spoke to my sister the other day for the first time in ages and she announced she is 7 months pregnant........and 2 of my best friends are pregnant.....but I have to make a choice. That choice is to either be happy for them and look forward to seeing the women im closest to become mothers, or be jealous and let the bitterness creep in. This journey is hard enough without bitterness so I chose to be happy for them. Its not as easy it as I make it sound, I know that, but if you really make the effort to swallow any jealous feelings as soon as they pop up then it can be done.

You have to remember that she is not pregnant to spite you, that she didnt do it on purpose, and would probably be gutted if she knew you felt like this.

Hope you feel better soon and remember we're all here for you :hug: :hug:

I know exactly how you feel ladies. My two best friends have recently given birth to their beautiful sons. I was so happy for them but also very envious, especially as one of them wasnt really wanted (he is adored now of course) and the other, well she just moaned and moaned throughout her pregnancy! Which started to drain me towards the end.

What gets me down the most is that people keep saying to me, 'I bet you are really broody now your friends both have new babies', even my mother said that. I HAVE BEEN BROODY FOR 10 YEARS!! NOT JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO BE LIKE MY FRIENDS!! Its only now that I feel happy and settled enough in my relationship to bring a baby into the world. In some ways I wish I had been less responsible, maybe it wouldnt have been so hard to concieve when I was younger, and I would have had alot more time to try and sort out any fertility problems.

I have to admit though that it made my heart sting when my colleague announced her pregnancy at work a couple of weeks ago, and now everyone is cooing around her. Why cant that be me?!! Jealousy is a terrible thing..... :oops:

That is tough, you want to be happy but its hard when its not happening for you and makes you feel rubbish !

You just have to keep telling yourself where theres a will theres a way and one day it will happen!!

best of luck

:hug:

Loola said:
I know exactly how you feel ladies. My two best friends have recently given birth to their beautiful sons. I was so happy for them but also very envious, especially as one of them wasnt really wanted (he is adored now of course) and the other, well she just moaned and moaned throughout her pregnancy! Which started to drain me towards the end.

What gets me down the most is that people keep saying to me, 'I bet you are really broody now your friends both have new babies', even my mother said that. I HAVE BEEN BROODY FOR 10 YEARS!! NOT JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO BE LIKE MY FRIENDS!! Its only now that I feel happy and settled enough in my relationship to bring a baby into the world. In some ways I wish I had been less responsible, maybe it wouldnt have been so hard to concieve when I was younger, and I would have had alot more time to try and sort out any fertility problems.

I have to admit though that it made my heart sting when my colleague announced her pregnancy at work a couple of weeks ago, and now everyone is cooing around her. Why cant that be me?!! Jealousy is a terrible thing..... :oops:

I know exactly how you feel. Two of my friends have recently had babies and although i was happy for them i was stingin inside... especially as these babies weren't planned. I wish i had been irresponsible when i was younger too as i think the older you get the harder it is to conceive.
The worst thing now, is that i keep getting people coming up to me and asking if i'm broody or when are we going to think about children.... Grrrrrr!!!! It has always been my philosophy never to ask those questions because you never know what anyone is really going through. People can be so insensitive.

Aah hun, sorry you feel down. Don't worry, you are not alone. I am feeling quite bad. I was meant to be due at the same week as one of my best friends. She sits right next to me at work and I see her bump from 9 -5.30 every day. I am happy for her as she is 10 older than me but can't stop feeling sorry for myself ... :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back