Feeling deflated

Apple2018

Reaction score
Hi there

Feeling deflated with all this baby making business. Back in March i had a period that came early which followed ongoing spotting. Went to the doctor and he said 'giving my age' (i'm 35) it is possible that i have early menopause even though bo other signs were present. My period went 'back to normal' after that month.
This current cycle again came early and i have 5 days of spotting so far which has mainly been brown. Took a opk on cd11 and it is high but wonder if it is worth trying if i am spotting?
My husband is awaiting sperm analysis results which we were told would take 3 weeks so phone up today and find out the results are currently taking 4 weeks so even more waiting!
I went for 21 days bloods but they did not test at lab as my period came early but my thyroid and full blood count came back fine. Got another test booked soon for my progesterone but is there any point if i am still spotting? Can stress cause this to happen?
Now this issue might sound silly but me and my husband always wanted to name our son Matthew after a friend of my husband who died. Now my hubby's friend, who was also friends with this guy who died, just had a son and have called him Matthew after this guy. Gutted and feel that we can no longer use it even though we wanted to for years!
Plus i am away to start a new job just to add to my stress!
I honestly just feel like giving up. Been ttc for 7 months now - and hats off to u ladies who have tried for longer - but this is getting me down like everyone is getting pregnant bar us! I'm scared for the results too!
Sorry for the rant!

Sorry your feeling so down hun but don’t give up if this is what you really want.
7 months really isn’t a long time, for a healthy couple it can take up to a year. I am 13 cycles in and I’m still praying for my little miracle.
You will get there in the end x

Don’t give up, I agree with Char 7 months isn’t that long.

Do you know roughly when you ovulated? Cause day 21 bloods should be done 7 days after ovulation.

The name thing isn’t silly. When me and hubby first started ttc we were always set on a name Noah for a boy. Years have gone past and I’ve watched family, friends (and even my parents neighbors) call their baby Noah. If we had a baby and it’s was a boy I’m not sure we would even use the name now. I know it’s a slightly different situation as we only wanted to use the name as we both liked it but yeah it’s gutting feeling like you can’t use the name anymore.

x

Well looks like i am away to ovulate sooner. I ovulated on cd21 / 22 before hand but last time i had a a messed up period for positive opk went from cd16 to 21. Just going to get the bloods done and see the results. Maybe having an earlier ovulation might actually work in my favour. It feels like nothing can go right so be good to have something that actually does for a change!

Don’t give up, I agree with Char 7 months isn’t that long.

Do you know roughly when you ovulated? Cause day 21 bloods should be done 7 days after ovulation.

The name thing isn’t silly. When me and hubby first started ttc we were always set on a name Noah for a boy. Years have gone past and I’ve watched family, friends (and even my parents neighbors) call their baby Noah. If we had a baby and it’s was a boy I’m not sure we would even use the name now. I know it’s a slightly different situation as we only wanted to use the name as we both liked it but yeah it’s gutting feeling like you can’t use the name anymore.

x

Hey @Apple2018
I’ve got an ongoing saga with spotting that every doctor has dismissed as nothing to worry about. 35 would be very young for menopause and yes, stress can cause irregularities in your cycle.

I’m now 43 and I’m going back to demand more tests as mid-cycle bleeding can be hormone imbalance or polyps.
Accupuncture might help lengthen / regulate your cycle. Also I’m back on the evening primrose oil ( don’t take it after Ovulation) as I read that can help balance hormones. Best to speak to a herbalist though as I’m guessing on dosage.
Xx

Hey @Apple2018
I’ve got an ongoing saga with spotting that every doctor has dismissed as nothing to worry about. 35 would be very young for menopause and yes, stress can cause irregularities in your cycle.

I’m now 43 and I’m going back to demand more tests as mid-cycle bleeding can be hormone imbalance or polyps.
Accupuncture might help lengthen / regulate your cycle. Also I’m back on the evening primrose oil ( don’t take it after Ovulation) as I read that can help balance hormones. Best to speak to a herbalist though as I’m guessing on dosage.
Xx

Thanks for you response. Do u get spotting midway or just after your period? I have the doc on Tuesday. Will try some evening primrose oil thank you.

Hey hun I’ve had spotting most cycles, sometimes even before ovulation or from everyday from my peak opk until my period!

I have pcos so it’s most probably a hormone issue but honestly the drs have never cared about it.

I hope you and your partner get some results soon.

Thanks for you response. Do u get spotting midway or just after your period? I have the doc on Tuesday. Will try some evening primrose oil thank you.

Sometime I spot when I ovulate (normal) but since my first chemical I spot every month the week before my period. This month I ovulated 3 days late and spotted every day until my period arrived.

35 is still on the right side of fertility so don’t worry about that. X

Hey hun I’ve had spotting most cycles, sometimes even before ovulation or from everyday from my peak opk until my period!

I have pcos so it’s most probably a hormone issue but honestly the drs have never cared about it.

I hope you and your partner get some results soon.

Yeah drs just seem to fob you off. Do u take anything for ur pcos?

Sometime I spot when I ovulate (normal) but since my first chemical I spot every month the week before my period. This month I ovulated 3 days late and spotted every day until my period arrived.

Yeah but sometimes drs make u feel like you are prehistoric at 35!

35 is still on the right side of fertility so don’t worry about that. X

Yeah drs just seem to fob you off. Do u take anything for ur pcos?

My fertility clinic have suggested inofolic which is designed to help pcos and then I also take coq10 and omega 3 to help with egg quality as well. I have been on these for about 3 months now so should hopefully notice a difference soon.

I spot before af for years and years. Went to the docs loads and every time they told me it’s no issue. I would spot for 9 days some times on a bad month. On a good month it would be 3-5 days.

I have a nearly 9 month old baby and spotted lightly when I was pregnant with him. I was convinced I was out that month.

Best of luck to you both. X

@Apple2018 @SugaryIris Thought I'd share this link about hypnotherapy and fertility.
Can hypnotherapy help with infertility?

I've had two sessions with a woman I found in my city who is Zita West trained. The first time was amazing, the second not so good but I was in a bad place that day with PMT. I'm going back this afternoon so will let you know how I get on. I read about it in a Zita West guide to getting pregnant and figured it was worth a go because there are days when I really struggle. Part of me wonders if I'm just clutching at straws (my other half is very practical and doesn't believe in chinese/ holistic medicine) but I feel that I've got nothing to lose in giving it a go and everything to gain. And its cheaper than another round of IVF which my body is still recovering from although my hair has finally stopped falling out. x

I am sorry you are feeling like that. Lots of my friends have been struggling for many years. One friend had success with 10th IVF even. x

@Apple2018 @SugaryIris Thought I'd share this link about hypnotherapy and fertility.
Can hypnotherapy help with infertility?

I've had two sessions with a woman I found in my city who is Zita West trained. The first time was amazing, the second not so good but I was in a bad place that day with PMT. I'm going back this afternoon so will let you know how I get on. I read about it in a Zita West guide to getting pregnant and figured it was worth a go because there are days when I really struggle. Part of me wonders if I'm just clutching at straws (my other half is very practical and doesn't believe in chinese/ holistic medicine) but I feel that I've got nothing to lose in giving it a go and everything to gain. And its cheaper than another round of IVF which my body is still recovering from although my hair has finally stopped falling out. x

I was trying reflexology but didn't do kuch. I have bought Zita West's book and it is on it's way. I will look into the hypnotherapy x

I am sorry you are feeling like that. Lots of my friends have been struggling for many years. One friend had success with 10th IVF even. x

Wow! I don't think i would have that much patience! I know people too who have struggled but finally got there x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back