Feeling deflated :(

nikki_craig

Reaction score
So a couple of weeks ago I was told I have spd, been for my first physio session this morning and things were extremely bad.

Been put in a very uncomfortable half body support and crutches but also been told to remain doing literally nothing and to not even lift the kettle.

When she felt around me and tested my muscles she said she wasn't surprised I was in so much pain as my body was doing nothing to support my ever growing baby bump.

The safe gap between my legs for labour was measured and at a very disappointing 16cm which is barely open at all.

She is going to test my opening again in 3weeks because it was very small. I feel completely deflated and miserable and can't enjoy my pregnancy anymore as I'm just in pain and aching. I knew there wasn't going to be a cure but I was hoping I could be a little bit more mobile :(

*huge hugs* sounds like you need a break from everything. I'm sorry to hear that they have stuck you on bed rest, and I know how hard it is with having 2 other children to do anything/or get anything done. Is there anyone that can help you hun? even if it's to run you a nice warm bath?

Your body is probably just shattered hence them been so tired and there not doing there job. It happens best thing is take there advice and try and put it into practise but I can't really offer much else as I have only just been told I have spd, I havent had any appointments for anything I just have to deal with it...I have my consultant tomorrow, will ask him for you if there is anything you can do to help yourself x x x

Oh hun, I'm so sorry. It sounds awful. I have spd too but quite mildly compared to a lot of people, have been resting and not walking much ever since it started at 14 weeks (ish) so maybe that has helped. Rest really is the only answer. I find turning in bed horrendous! It is rubbish to be able to do what you want or stay fit, which i have found very hard to accept as was fit before and want to have a good labour.
Fx it eases a bit for you but do try and rest. It's not ideal at all, in fact it's crap, but it will be worth it in the end lovely xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back