Feeling completely useless

Spammy

Reaction score
Sorry to moan girls. I'm just utterly fed up.

This pregnancy hasn't been fun so far. Feel like from day 1 I have been poorly. From being admitted to hospital before I even knew I was pregnant and having a few weeks off work, then the hyperemysis starting and having to have more time off work, now I have the worst cold ever, feel absolutely dreadful and I honestly don't think I can manage work tomorrow.

I am only 14 weeks pregnant and already I feel like I'm never at work! I have hardly done any housework for weeks and basically I just feel useless!! Had a complete meltdown earlier. I just want to feel human again!!! So fed up of being ill.

Don't know what to do tomorrow. Hubs said there's no way I can go in, iv been in bed since Friday. Just don't think I should take more time off. Work are going to be so fed up with me.

So sorry girls. I feel like all I ever do on here is complain. I am so happy to be having this baby. I just want to feel well again! I should be glowing by now! The only thing glowing right now is my nose :eek:(

I feel the same may not have a job to go to, but I know I'm neglecting my sons playtime. I have no get up and go to do anything I'm snapping at my partner and I feel tired 24/7 I will be glad once this baby is here and I get just get on with it then x

I think glowing is a myth personally and never actually happens, at least not to anyone I know lol

Oh hon.... It's rubbish when you feel like that. I've had a few days where I've felt a bit useless too - to be honest I think we all have. I've has this virus thing since Xmas too only today I've started to feel better but I'm not going in tomorrow, want to make sure I'm 100% before going back or else you just talk longer to get better. It's hard too with the pressure of others, my OH and MIL do my head in sometimes, think I should stop work now and rest until LO comes - fine if we'd won the bloomin' lottery!
Make sure you do what's best for you but be safe in the knowledge that we've all felt like this at some point
Xxx

Awww honey, hope you start to feel better soon ((hugs)) xxxx

Oh rubbish!!! Poor you. If it's any consolation I felt pants til about 19 weeks, and although I wouldn't say I feel 'blooming' now, I do feel loads better. Hang on in there!!! xxx

I sympathise totally!, i had a wretch of a cold at 11 weeks pregnant and felt like death warmed up!, it was so bad i just wanted to curl up and die basically!. It does get better!

As for the supposed 'pregnancy glow' it does exist!. My skin was absolutely awful when i got pregnant i looked like a walking Eccles cake with the amount of spots i had..Even in my pre pregnancy months my skin was awful!, Im now 19 weeks (nearly 20) pregnant and i hardly have a blemish in sight..So keep the faith your still in pretty much the early days :)

I hope you feel better soon :D

Last edited:
Aw Spammy, I sympathise.
Although I haven't had to go to hospital I have had terrible sickness from week 6 onwards... I have been useless at home. I sit on sofa and watch poor old husband do the things I should be doing. He says it is fine and I need to rest, he even tells me off for trying to help - but I HATE it!

I got the xmas lurgy too - being blocked up and having morning sickness at the same time is sooo horrible. I had a lil cry yesterday from feeling so lame (bloody hormones). I sometimes forget that I am pregnant because it has been so tough - not been myself for over 2 months now :(
Yesterday we tried out a Home Doppler and heard bubba's heartbeat, that was nice because it reminded me what this is all about. Hopefully the sickness will ease for all of us soon.

Big hugs!

Thanks everyone. I had a really bad night coughing and being sick and had a headache like i have never had before!! Went to the doctors this morning and have a sinus and chest infection. Rubbish. Needless to say I'm not at work again. The doctor gave me some penicillin so hopefully I will start to pick up soon. For now it's back to bed for me!

Oh sweetheart i'm so sorry you're suffering still. I'm glad you've got some medication though, once they kick in you should hopefully start feeling better in yourself :hug:

I never glowed when I was pregnant with my daughter. I was sick until 27 weeks, then I had spd. My hair went dry and frizzy, my skin was dry, I swelled up and my nose went so big and red I looked like Jim Branning from Eastenders!! You're really not alone in feeling rough! xxx

Him Branning. Ha ha. That's so funny. I'm guess there's time yet I think If it wasn't for my cough my sickness would actually be a lot better. Although my appetite is still zero. Only time in my life I can justify not dieting and iv gone off food!! Typical.

You have made me smile girls. Thank you

Aww Hun, I found my sickness picked up a gear when I had a cold just before xmas, so having a chest infection s surely going to knock u off ur feet. I've only been back at wrk just under a week after going sick at 6 weeks pregnant I think, so a total of 9 weeks in total I was off. The only reason I can work now is because they have changed my shifts around to suit be and my worst times!!

I weighed myself yesterday on the scales at work (I work in a leisure centre, so there are some in the gym) and I have lost another 2-3 lbs since my booking in appointment 2 weeks ago, nearing a total of 25 ish lbs in total so far!! I mean I'm not skinny so could do with losing some, but didn't expect to still be losing when I feel as though I'm eating loads of crap. But I'm obviously not eating enough still!

I'm just hoping that by my 20 week scan in feb that I am almost completely normal again and can enjoy being pregnant :) xx

That's what I'm hoping too kanga. The thought of finding out the sex of this little blob is keeping me going. Can't wait to see it on a scan again.

Work were ok when I phoned in this morning. I just always get worked up when I have to phone in sick. I also feel really bad for the girls I work with cos they always end up doing everything for me.

Hopefully these antibiotics will do the trick and I can get back to being useful!

That's what I'm hoping too kanga. The thought of finding out the sex of this little blob is keeping me going. Can't wait to see it on a scan again.

Work were ok when I phoned in this morning. I just always get worked up when I have to phone in sick. I also feel really bad for the girls I work with cos they always end up doing everything for me.

Hopefully these antibiotics will do the trick and I can get back to being useful!

Spammy - I've been on antibiotics for a chest thingy for 4 days now and am feeling TONS better than i did so hopefully you will start to pick up soon too. I was reluctant to take them at first but OH got so fed up with me coughing all night and being sick that I gave in. Best thing I could have done, I'm still off work resting on the sofa but it's better than feeling like I did.
Get well soon honey xxx

Awww babe I feel your pain. I've had horrid sickness and feeling like death since 6 weeks!! On NYE I had to go to bed at 8 and leave all my friends we'd invited downstairs with my husband!!
Back at work today and don't feel to bad.
I have been saying to all of my family and friends that I'm already looking forward to getting my body back and feeling human!! Thankfully we've got a cleaner who comes in once a week on a Friday who i swear I could kiss the ground she walks on at the minute as I'm doing absolutely zero at home!! Husband is doing all the washing etc and making lunch and dinner etc and waiting on me hand and foot!
Everything takes so much effort for me to do that at weekends or the whole of the Xmas period I just sat on the sofa in my pjs with a bucket and glass of ice!! (I'm addicted to eating ice)

Your not alone babe so don't feel bad. We could all do with that magic pill that just makes these celebs look like they breeze through pregnancy!!

Xxxxx

Last edited:
Oh babybo you poor thing. Seems quite a few of us have had it rough. Let's hope we all pick up soon! Think we all deserve a break from feeling rough!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back