Feeling abit worried about benefits and keeping my house.

Zara96

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I am starting to feel worried about my house and Bill's and keeping everything going. My renT is 625 my Bill's total to about 350 each month and I am not sure what i will be entitled to and i am starting to worry as i will have to give up work as I cant afford childcare and want to spend each moment with my little princess I know I have got till jan till shes here but I just feel a little anxious about it all I love my house and I dont want to leave it. Any advice on what I can do or what benefits I will be entitled to. X

If working and depending on income level you’d be entitled to help probably through universal credits but would get child tax credits. Possibly housing benefit and of course child benefit. you would also get an amount towards childcare. I was working full time with 2 kids (single parent) and tax credits easily covered the childcare. Although my level of income meant I wasn’t entitled to housing benefit when my circumstances changed I was.
have a look on this website for a estimated calculation. Work it off if you had the baby now. Try doing as though not working and working.

Benefits calculators

also you could speak to citizens advice regarding what you could be entitled to and what happens if you leave work. Is there a time delay for when you can claim etc.

If working and depending on income level you’d be entitled to help probably through universal credits but would get child tax credits. Possibly housing benefit and of course child benefit. you would also get an amount towards childcare. I was working full time with 2 kids (single parent) and tax credits easily covered the childcare. Although my level of income meant I wasn’t entitled to housing benefit when my circumstances changed I was.
have a look on this website for a estimated calculation. Work it off if you had the baby now. Try doing as though not working and working.

Benefits calculators

also you could speak to citizens advice regarding what you could be entitled to and what happens if you leave work. Is there a time delay for when you can claim etc.
Thanks your help and advice x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back