Feeling a bit down

HopeJoy29

Reaction score
Had my scan today 18wks6days. Was sooo excited got in all ready to get scanned and she said ' oh ur only 18 weeks 6days ' i cant scan u until ur at least 19 weeks. Why on earth did they give me this appointment? I was gutted i was made to feel like it was my mistake. I just didnt question it as i heard my midwife say 18-21 weeks is fine.

Anyways we got a quick scan, but she couldnt tell us if everything was ok until im at least 19! Weeks so we r going bk next week. I felt like she couldnt be bothered.

My little baba has its head very low in my pelvis didnt want to show its face either was as if he could sense her haha!

Sorry this is a rant just feel a bit defalted today :-( x

How wonderful that you get to see little baba again though! Sorry the lady wasn't very sympathetic, it can put a dampener on it when you don't get a nice sonographer. I wonder if they even realise the massive effect their attitude has on a mummy to be xx

Chin up, keep positive and next time will be so much better :hug: x

How wonderful that you get to see little baba again though! Sorry the lady wasn't very sympathetic, it can put a dampener on it when you don't get a nice sonographer. I wonder if they even realise the massive effect their attitude has on a mummy to be xx

Chin up, keep positive and next time will be so much better :hug: x

Thanks for ur reply xx
I know i was delighted i was still scanned which made it a bit better but she just gave me the impression i wasted her time xxx

Very surprised by this, the guidelines my notes have say 'anomaly scan 18-20 weeks'. Hugs, hope things are better next week :hug:

Lxx

So they couldn't do it for the sake of one day? That's ridiculous and they never should have given you today as your appointment then if that was going to be the case

Thanks for ur support ladies! I looked at my notes and it says 18-20 weeks too. She told me 19-22 so for the sake of a day i need to go bk, i suppose shes knly following her guidelines but still..... Meh xxx

Seriously you were only 1 day off? That's so daft! Totally get that you're feeling deflated but hopefully you'll get someone nice next week x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back