Feeling a bit concerned

Rosieroo

Reaction score
I know I shouldn't worry as if there was anything wrong the midwife would realise but I am a bit concerned about pre-eclampsia and I don't feel I can broach the subject with my MW as I always get the feeling they think that I am an over anxious first time mum or something (which is also why I don't want to ask her about that blob of stuff!).

Here are the reasons why I am concerned.
A. My weight has shot up 9lb in the past fortnight and is still heading skyward.
B. My BP has gone up to 110/80 (from 98/70 last week and 100/60 the fortnight before).
c. My ankles and feet are swollen and my mum just came round and said my face looks really puffy.

On the good side my urine was fine yesterday and the baby is moving around, I also don't have a migraine.

I really don't feel I can talk to my midwife about my concerns as I am worried that if I call her she'll think I am being silly as I only saw her yesterday, and the local hospital are even worse.

Hi Rosieroo,

You should not worry about what the midwife or your local hospital thinks, call them I would

My sister had those symptons and spent a week before the birth on bedrest and in hospital and leading up to that she had the midwife going in daily take blood pressure before they admitted her they then induced her before the due date

Call them to be on the safe side

Take care and it is your right to worry
I dont want to worry you, as everything is probably fine.

and I hope I havent panicked you by what happened with my sister

xx

Sarah

I think if you are even just a little bit concerned you should take action. I understand you don't want to be a pain, but think if something was wrong (athough it probably isn' t!)and you didn't stand up and say something.

Can you book an appointment with the nurse at your local surgery?
My mom bought one of those machines that test your blood pressure, but that's probably an expense you don't need.

My local chemist don't stock them and DH has the car - however I've texted him and asked if he can pop in on his way home and try and get one for me.

Thanks for the link Urchin :D

Ask your midwife - it's what she's there for.

Doesn't matter if she thinks you are being an over anxious first time mum; you probably are, and you're probably fine, but you'll only get more anxious if you don't know what's going on. So do bother your midwife!!

if you have any concerns it's best to get it checked out! The hospital would prefer you to check things out than have any problems go undedicted.

Hope everything is ok x

Hope this doesn't sound uncaring but Rosie even if they do think that you are being an anxious first time mum at least you know that you have gotten it checked out and made sure both you and baby are ok. I too felt like I was being silly last week. I kept having BH's all night and day and had backache and my OH was nagging me to phone the midwife but I didn't want to as I thought they would think I was being daft. In the end I phoned the hospital who advised me to see my midwife, I saw her that afternoon and got checked out. Ok they might think I am neurotic but I at least knew I wasn't going into early labour. I hate wrting things down as I think they never come across as I mean them to and you might think I am being a nag but i just hate the thought of you sitting there worrying abou it. Call them again and if you are not happy with the response you get then go to the hospital. If nothing else you will get reassurance that you and baby are all well and good. I hope everything is ok, let us know how you get on. Take care hun xxxxx

I have a similar problem. I have swollen ankles and fingers, and have put 8lb on in 2 weeks. I don't know if my blood pressure is low or high, it was 100/60 today and she said that was 'fine'. My urine was fine too. I have to have a blood test tomorrow morning to find out why I am gaining so much weight, and also to check my iron levels again.

Rosie

(((((Rosie))))) as someone that has suffered with full blown eclampsia 20 years ago please dont hesitiate if you are concerned and contact your midwife. That is what they are there for. Dont feel you are being a pain, its better to get double checked if you are worried.

The Positive thing is that you have not got protein in your urine and your blood pressure is not extremely high either. Bottom figure over 95 is normally cut off point. So many women swell up in pregnancy (nothing to do with pre-elampsia just one of those things) and the only advice I can give is to drink as much water as you can as it does actually help.

Take care now and just ring the midwife if you continue feeling worried.

Ragna xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back