feel so sad

prettypenguin

Reaction score
I've had a really bad day with Charlie's teething, every feed has been like ww3. One was in town I got really embarrassed and nervous and just fled the scene lol. I feel exhausted but can't sleep. Was watching corrie and katie was saying how she feels lost and doesn't know what music she likes anymore, everything is about her baby. I feel exactly the same and once I realised this I burst into tears. I feel bad cause Charlie's a good baby, he can't help being.in pain but everything I do isn't working for him, I feel like such a failure sometimes and if we've both.had a bad day I find it hard to be cheerful in front of him and sometimes it takes everything in me to not lose it. Oh says to get people to look after him more as I never go anywhere without him but I feel like I'm palming him off or I worry about him, I worry all the time something's going to happen to him. I'm supposed to be going Barcelona with oh this wknd for a night and it makes me sick to the stomach that I'm leaving him, in very capable hands but still...

Oh Hun it's normal to feel overwhelmed and oh may have a point bout trying to get some time to yourself. Doesn't have to b anything scary maybe just leave Charlie with oh and have a soak in the bath with iPod on ? Works for me !! remember we r all here for u . I'm getting nervous bout leaving my lo's with my mum on wed while we go for a meal !!! Xxx

Yeah, its silly I only get a bath once Charlie goes to bed at 8. I just feel like my confidence has been shattered, and I feel guilty or nervous about everything I can't have a laugh anymore. And it sounds really pathetic but I don't really have any friends, I'm too nervous to go to mums meetings, I feel like ill say the wrong thing or get worked.up and make a fool out of myself, or Charlie will have one of his screaming episodes and ill look like a bad mum cause i can't calm him down. I used to be able to have such a laugh with everyone and would talk to anyone and stick up for myself, now I'm just complete the opposite. I think its cause kids make me nervous, they're really unpredictable, and apart from Charlie I can't make them laugh or keep them interested... Sat in bed.now as OHs sent me up but I can't sleep, and I need to cause Charlie will wake up at somepoint x

:hugs:

Kayden is the same with the teething. It gets sooo tiring with the constant crying, but dont worry it isn't forever.

:hugs:

It isn't even all the time really just whenever he feeds, the last feed he literally just looked at the bottle and.screamed, I hadn't even touched his lips with it. I feel bad on oh too cause he'd had a really bad day at.work and I could tell the screaming and me.silently stressing was getting.to him. (sorry about all the full stops my finger keeps catching it) just wish I could make it all better for him, he's not really a huggy baby either he.just likes to wriggle about and. Look out the window so he doesn't even want cuddled that much just fights x

Oh hon it can get so overwhelming having a baby, know that you're not alone and I'm sure all of us mum's have felt the same way at some point. Try not to beat yourself up, you're doing an amazing job. Does sound like you need a bit of time for yourself, even if it's only to watch a dvd. As for the babygroups just give it a go, I was nervous the first time I went but there were lots of mums there all in the same position and honestly no one bats an eyelid if LO starts crying or plays up, if anything they can sympathise as they know what it's like! You might make some really ggod friends there. Big hugs and remember tomorrow is a new day :) x x

I haven't got as much confidence either and not many close friends. Feel like I'm coming out myself a bit more now Ethan is at school and I chat to mums in the playground.
One thing my mum said to me when I said I get nervous out cos I think people r looking and judging me is Do u do that when u hear another baby ? And from then relaxed a bit not totally and I'm still not great if I'm out on my own with the 3 of them but force myself to do it. And the only people's opinions that count r Charlie's and yours xxxx

Its so hard some days isn't it, you feel like you have lost some of the old you somehow and life revolves around babies. Don't feel guilty about having a bit of time out just for you it will do wonders for you and make you feel more like your old self. Mum and baby groups are always nerve racking at first, remember we've all been there and been the new girl and everyone's baby cries so don't worry about that! Its nice to meet other mums to share your worries with and the babies love meeting each other too! Try and look fwd to your night out, you deserve it and Charlie will be fine x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Yeah, sometimes I can't remember who I was or am anymore. I think it was cause I worked none stop when pg and never really got the chance.to do ky own thing, was always busy busy busy. Hut at work I still felt like myself and now that's been taken.away I've lost part of my personality and I'm just constantly in mum mode. My auntie came.today to watch Charlie and I went to primark shopping and I was stood there for ages.not knowing what was cool and what I liked...I felt like a granny lol. I feel better for having a break away from him though, I think Charlie benefited from it too xx thanks for all your Support ladies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back