feel so guilty

claire_louise

Reaction score
right i wanted to post this somewhere for members only, but the main adults bit is a bit daunting.

when i found out i was pregnant i wanted to keep the baby.

when i started telling people some ppl tried to convince me to get rid, this included my mum and several 'friends' and the babys father.

i went as far as a consultation at the family planning, had an internal scan (most horrible experience of my life) whilst i was explaining to the lovely nurse why i was there i realised they werent my reasons at all, they were everyone elses. so i told them i couldnt go through with anything. they were great and made me a follow up appointment. which i then cancelled.

since basically telling people to f off i want my baby, and i dont care what they think, i've NEVER once, hand on heart questioned my decision, i love my little girl so much already

BUT i feel so guilty that i actually went to the family planning place.

sorry but i just had to post that mainly to get it off my chest. i'm starting to get my head round a lot of stuff thats been getting to me, but thats the one thing still hanging around

Hello
I know how you feel, I feel guilty that I had an appointment booked and actually gave in to what my OH wanted for a little while at least. I know can't get the feeling out of my head that something bad might happen all because I had that thought.

i had that for weeks hun thinking, what if i've cursed my baby.

deep down, i know i would never have gone through with it, because of never questioning my decision since. but i still know i went to the hospital

you should both feel happy not guilty....happy that you made the decision not to be bullied by anyone into doing something that you didnt want to do :hug: :hug:

Don't feel guilty hun. With my son, I got as far as being given the gown to get changed into before I changed my mind! I felt guilty for years about it but I dealt with it and over time it's easier.

Dont feel guilty ...you were big enough to realise you were making a mistake - just because you valued all the options it doesnt mean you loved your child less, it means the opposite - you loved him/her enough to decide to keep him/her even tho you had an alternative which might have been easier at the time , given the circumstances. You should feel proud of yourself for being so brave, not guilty, ya silly gooses! (I know, i know it is geese - but "you silly geese" just dont scan :rotfl: )

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Aww hun dont feel guilty feel proud of yourself fior being so brave !

You love your baby and thats why you made the choice to keep them, the doubts you had before dont matter and by going to the clinic you were simply exploring the options which led you to realise that was the wrong one. Dont let this haunt you as you made the right choice and your LOs will be glad of that. :hug: :hug: :hug: xx

Ditto the others you should be running round rejoicing!!

My OH was in shock to say the least when we found out I was pregnant and I know he wanted me to get rid of it at first, so I rang to find out details all the while not wanting to, it turned out it wasnt that easy to just take an abortion pill and i am GLAD it isnt easy, because then I said to him I dont want to go through all this effort and cost..it's happened ..i want to keep it.....he supported me , got his head around it, and now she is daddys little princess and not a day goes by when she doesnt make us smile!!! And we are SO GLAD we didnt do it!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back