Feel so fat and ugly! :-(

So_hopeful81

Reaction score
This comes as a massive shock to me, because I am a big woman anyway (size 18) and have never thought of myself as attractive. Yet at the moment, I feel horrible! My boobs feel like they are just droopy, my tummy is huge and making me waddle, my arse feels like the size of a bus, my left leg is bursting with veins and to top it all off, I have a major breakout of spots! Its dreadful!!!!!

What seems to be making it worse is I have started to notice my OH looking at pretty skinny 20 year olds!!!! Usually, I would laugh at this, but it's really been upsetting me! He has some 'friends' on his Facebook who are very attractie females (and they know it!) but very immature! One of which posted a whole album of her and her other female friends kissing and getting into sex positions as if they were having a major orgy! They were all fully clothed and the album has been posted as a 'bit of fun!' but I saw him flicking through the album this morning, and what would have usually made me take the piss out I him and tell him that e was pathetic, ended up was me feeling really horrible about myself! I feel so stupid!

Arghhhh! Rant over!!!!

aww hun im sure your just feeling that way now, i bet in a few weeks you will feel a lil better. i cant say i ever had that problem, i was a size 22 before getting preg and ive lost some weight everywhere but bump and i dont feel any different or less / more attractive than when i was first preg. as for your fella maybe you should tell him you feel fat and ugly as ask him if he can think of anything to make you feel better? im the first one to point out the young skinny hot women i see but im an equal opportunities perv lol

:hug: I can understand how you feel hunny but from a different angle. I was blessed as a firm size 10, flat tummy with muscle definition and now I look like an Orang'utan. Red hair, bandy legs and a fat face, which is also covered in spots. I'm lucky in the fact that my OH is petrified of women but was annoyed when clearing out the lounge to find a hidden stash of adult dvds. It's not necessarily the fact he has them but that he's never told me iykwim.

I did get my own back by making him think I'd sent them to my mum's by mistake so she could look through and see if there's any dvds she wants before we get rid of them so that made me feel better lol. However I have made it plain that with a child coming into the house they are not to be here under any circumstances, especially without me knowing.

Feeling low about yourself is horrid and there's very little anyone can really do to make us feel better. It's just something hormone related that we have to deal with again xxxxxxxxx

I know how u feel. I was a size 8-10 before getting pregnant and now I feel huge, my clothes don't fit and I can't walk properly. My face has swolen and i have constant bags under my eyes no matter how much sleep i get. Every time I look in the mirror I just look completely nakard and a mess even with make up on. My dh is probably a bit fed up looking at me too but that's his problem! not long to go so chin up! Your hormones r probably making u feel worse aswell x

I know how you feel. I was diagnosed with pcos and managed to lose a stone and a half. Started to feel really good about myself but then fell pg straight away on metformin. Think I've put on about 3 stone so far and I feel like a fat useless lump. I hate the mirror. Especially when imgetting dressed. Stretch marks everywhere. Makes me feel very depressed. Hubby tells me im beautiful but I just don't feel it. :-( xx

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:Oh hon it's horrible to feel like that. I'm not sure that our OHs get it... Mine says 'stop being silly, you're just pregnant'. Would something superficial help make you feel a bit better? Getting your nails done, or a new hair do or a facial??? Might make you feel a bit cheerier.

other than that here is a hug :hug:

Xx

:oops:Oooohhhh that was a lot of hugs

Didn't realise before I posted

X

Ha ha- the hugs were lovely Dee!
I am being so stupid and I know that! Honestly usually I wouldn't be being so worried about it! I just can't manage being so hormonal-
I think also the problem that we have not dtd very often since I found out I was pregnant. I suppose that takes away your intimacy a little bit! I guess I am a bit worried that I'm just becomming his best friend, and he is loosing sexual interest in me! He has admitted that in the past he has found pregnant females attractive, but he finds my bump odd and can get a bit squeemy about it!

I suppose cos it's the bump he made that he finds it weird....guilty conscience lol. Your pregnancy has been very stressful sweetie, is there anyone who could have your little girl so you can maybe just spend a day together doing something romantic?

It's very easy to forget how and why our LO's were made in the first place and let the pregnancy take over everything, but we have to be a little selfish and keep something for ourselves xxxxxxxxxx

Your all beautiful.. your bodies are only doing what it is natural for them to do!

I know its horrible to feel rubbish though :( I often do.

My dh was the same when i was pregnant, he loved my bump but felt strange dtd especially when I got to about five months... Mind you I was a whale ( carried a 9lb 14oz baby!)

Maybe tell him how your feeling and mention that you saw him looking through the album and how it made you feel. Say that you would usually just laugh about it but because of how your feeling at the moment it has made you uneasy. You will feel better once its out in the open.

Hope your feeling better about yourself soon and try to remember that your body is protecting a beautiful baby... Those girls sound immature don't worry about them. Hold your head high and think that you might not be skinny and twenty... But you are carrying his baby and he will love you more for that than anything

aww I hope you start feeling better soon :( I feel the same, I was luckily an 8-10 before and I have never ever been close to how big I am now and im really struggling to deal with my changing shape, keep thinking omg OH must look at me and think ughhh why I am with this whale...

I went out with my friends yesterday and they were all saying how good i looked but didnt feel it.

When i feel unattractive i just tell my OH- like the other ladies have said be open and honest-tell him how u feel and plan some romantic time together- its hard to focus on yourself when you're growing a human inside you!!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back