Feel so disappointed and let down! :( - Rather large vent!

xSebbiesMumx

Reaction score
Im probably being stupid over nothing but i just cant help but feel so let down by people i thought we're my friends :(

I get it that people probably have better things to do than come to a kids party!, ive known these 'friends' since I was pregnant with Sebastian..We met at college and they we're great at helping me through everything and even bought me so many presents when i eventually left to have him :)

My guest list has fallen drastically the closer we've got to tomorrow!..Out of 6 definite 'yes' friends..Only 3 of them are now coming for definite!, i just cant help but feel disheartened by it all!..Whats the point in having a party for 3 people..Not to mention my poor parents who have probably gone over the top with food and stuff!..Which half of it will probably get thrown away and wasted which makes me even more angry (Im against throwing food away!:lol: )

Ughh!!..Tomorrow's really going to be rubbish for me but i suppose if Seb' has a good day thats all that matters! :)

Am i being daft?:roll:

Awww that's a shame Hun, don't feel too bad I'm sure seb will have a blast. I always say I would wait till I is at nursery so he has a few people I can invite. I know how you feel thought I'd be dead upset if no one showed up for my wee man.

That's why I'd never ever have a party. I'm too scared no one would show up lolol xxxx

I'd feel the same hun, it's always so gutting N annoying when people let you down. I know this probably isn't much of a consolation right now but just remember that if all us PF ladies could come celebrate with you your house would be bursting with people!! Xxx

I'm arranging a BBQ for Drake's birthday and I'm really hoping that people turn up. I'd be gutted if they didn't tbh.

I hope you have a really good time and so does Sebbie :)

Happy birthday lil man x

It's gotten even worse!! Now only 2 people are coming I'm gonna flip my kipper!!!

What's with my friends their bloody useless the lot of em, I'm in 2 minds whether to cancel the party as its not really worth it for 2 friends (and my brother and his girlfriend) and now none of my friends are coming!!!

I'm so angry!! :(

This is why i kept it strictly to a family gathering with a close friend.
Sory but what friends are they of they dnt tun up. I rather peed of still that a good friend of mine didnt cone and that was a week ago

We have such a big family I am actually considering not inviting any friends to James' lol.

I always go to my friends kiddies Birthday's although I only have two really good friends who have kids....

I missed one party as I was in the middle of a miscarriage a few years back.

James cousin was born day after my friends LO and they ended up celebrating on the same day this year - the closest Saturday - so I missed friends LO's party but she understood.

Don't be too disheartened and let it ruin your day

xxxxxx

Thanks everyone! He had an alright day despite none of my friends even bothering to turn up but credit to one who did Drop off sebs present before she went to work so I suppose I can't be annoyed at that lol!

But I may just have to do the same to them when it's their lo's birthday, say I'm going and then back out at the last minute and see how they like it!! Can you tell I'm still annoyed :lol:

Happy birthday and good to hear he had a good day :) not planning on any organized birthdays until at least school to be honest.
I am planning though until then to get her to somewhere special every year for her birthday.
For her first birthday its going to be the sea world so she can see the big fishes and we will just have a cake at home, no invites or anything, no special fancy cake either. Our family all leave abroad and they are all welcome to sent her presents or put some money in her account for us to get her sth.
Also for every year I am getting a charm for her, putting it away with a card or a letter summing up the year that past. Making a bracelet for her to give her at her 18 birthday.

we just had a family tea party for our DD as i didnt wanna bother with a party for the 1 or 2 ppl that might turn up. hell my friends suck and i know it, 2 of them didnt even bother turning up to my wedding! no apology or excuse either

Sorry none of your friends turned up. At least your lo had a good day. Happy birthday to him. My lo will be one in October and I think I'll have friends turn up for a party but not my parents :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back