Feel numb :(

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by KateK, Jul 7, 2016.

1. KateK

KateK Well-Known Member

I had a bit of a drama last week ending up with me in hospital.. Basically they 'think' it was an infection causing swelling of my tubes. A condition called hydrosalpinx. I had a follow up u/s on Sunday and just got the results of the report.. She said it is either just free fluid in my pelvis or this hydrosalpinx. I could tell she was unsure whilst scanning me and looked a little perplexed so it obviously isn't clear but I just wish I could know either way. I've just looked into hydrosalpinx and it isn't good.. I'd be virtually infertile and even if we could afford ivf the success rate decreases dramatically. As it stands i'm at a high risk of miscarriage as if the fluid leaks back into the uterus it can kill the baby. I just feel sick to my stomach and so, so unlucky. Getting my head around the fact that if anything happens to this baby I probably won't be able to concieve another. I already love it so much and would give anything right now not to feel so hopeless :( I really thought after my scan on Sunday that everything was going to be ok and now i'm back to square one again.

2. TS1982

TS1982 Well-Known Member

Didn't want to read and run xx really hope you and your baby will be ok xxx

3. KateK

KateK Well-Known Member

Thank you, I really appreciate your well wishes xxx

4. LD1978

LD1978 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry and hope everything will be ok. I know it's hard but step away from Google as you will always find horror stories. You don't definitely know yet so it could be the free fluid and everything work out just fine. It's hard not to worry but hopefully that's worst case and doesn't mean inevitable for you. Are they seeing you again to confirm?

I hope your ok x

5. KateK

KateK Well-Known Member

Thanks lovely, I am trying so hard to stay positive but i'm a pessimist at heart and it's hard.. This is part of my problem, I don't even know what the plan is, as it stands they're seeing me next at my dating scan which is 2 weeks away.. My midwife doesn't even know about any of this and I don't have a number for her.. I don't know whether I should be seeing a consultant, gearing myself up for the worst or what.. As much as I love and appreciate our NHS I feel completely in the dark and the lack of information i've been given has driven me to the dreaded google monster :( I know it's not helpful but i'm one of these people who needs to know everything about everything! I'll keep everyone here updated, cross your fingers for me ladies xxx

6. KeelyT90

KeelyT90 Well-Known Member

Keeping everything crossed for you x

7. babylove2016

babylove2016 Well-Known Member

Ditto. Fx! xx

8. MrsS15

MrsS15 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to read this hun. I really hope this isn't the case! Where do you go from here? Have they given you any further guidance? Could you go see your gp and ask for advice? I'll be thinking of you, what a worry. Got everything crossed your little angel is okay xx

9. Tigeress

Tigeress Well-Known Member

Wishing you all the luck in the world to you and baby xx

10. KateK

KateK Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies, it really means so much to have people here who truly understand how it feels.. I feel like I need someone to talk to MrsS but I've been passed from department to department and genuinely don't know who is best to talk to. Even when I call it's just luck of the draw as to who picks up - most people I've gotten through to haven't even heard of the condition. I want someone in the know to sit me down and say I'll be fine. Sigh, just going to enjoy my baby whilst s(he)'s here and hope for the best. Thanks again guys xxx

11. Jasmine111

Jasmine111 Well-Known Member

Just wanted to offer some advice, I couldn't conceive naturally due to hydrosalphinx. I had my tubes clipped, and got pregnant on my first Ivf attempt afterwards. I know it might be upsetting for you now but if you had to go down the ivf route it wouldn't reduce the success rate of the ivf working as they would treat the hydrosalphinx first, either by draining it or going through the same process as me and having your tubes clipped. Would you not be able to have Ivf on the nhs? Hope everything works out for you xxx

12. Sunshine1983

Sunshine1983 Member

Aww Kate I'm so sorry to hear your news, it must be so worrying for you. Thoughts are with you and routing for the little one to stick.

Best of luck, got everything crossed for a good end result for you.

#12 Sunshine1983, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  13. Gill09876

Gill09876 Well-Known Member

Sending you lots of luck Hun. Hugs xx

14. Keeponhoping

Keeponhoping Well-Known Member

I really hope everything works out for you, got everything crossed for you! X x