Feel like i've lost a limb!

Em91

Reaction score
O is trialling with the childminder this afternoon as i go back to work full time on the 1st of July, so shes settling in for a few hrs today, then 2, 5hr sessions the next two tuesdays while i do KIT days :( :(

I dropped her at 1 & she screaming when i left, childminder texted at 1.15 to say she'd calmed down and they were having a cuddle.
it just feels wrong that someone else is calming her down.

please tell me it gets easier?xx

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

I'm a childminder so can see it from the other side. It defo does get easier! Mum's often say to me how happy they are that their LO likes me and is settled with me after the first few weeks.

You'll think it's lovely that O feels safe enough to be comforted by someone else soon enough.

Luckily i never have to be in your shoes because i'd feel exactly the same. I'm dreading sending Jack to preschool and he's not going for another year yet lol

I hope she's enjoyed her afternoon x

it definitely gets easier! I had to put Lyla in a creche at 9 weeks old as I had to go back to uni. The first week is the toughest xx

I'm a childminder so can see it from the other side. It defo does get easier! Mum's often say to me how happy they are that their LO likes me and is settled with me after the first few weeks.

You'll think it's lovely that O feels safe enough to be comforted by someone else soon enough.

Luckily i never have to be in your shoes because i'd feel exactly the same. I'm dreading sending Jack to preschool and he's not going for another year yet lol

I hope she's enjoyed her afternoon x

thats the thing i work with 3-7yr olds most of the three year olds are distraught at drop off but fine within 5mins. So i should know shell be ok. But its so different when its your own LO

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

Yep it's definately a lot harder. I hate leaving my boys with anyone, even my Mum lol x

You're brave!!! I couldn't do it, I'd miss my lo too much!! Hope it gets easier for you and she is fine with the arrangements time you get back to work :) xxx

Ahhh I think I'd be the same if I had to leave Ethan with a childminder! I'm lucky, as my mum looks after Ethan when I go to work and that's bad enough :lol: Not that I don't trust my mum, I just hate leaving him full stop and he usually gets upset when I leave and then super clingy when I get back - he doesn't let me out of his sight lol. So glad I only work 12 hours a week though (spread over 3 days)..

I'm sure it will get a lot easier for you soon! Hope O enjoyed her afternoon!! xx

Booo! Poor you. I'm sure O will be fine and will prob enjoy going to 'play' somewhere new for a few hours. No advice just a virtual hug for you both xx

It gets easier :D I promise...! I felt so upset sending W to nursery. I felt like I was having panic attacks, I couldn't sleep. I kept crying. Then I took him to the warm up sessions, and the 2 ladies in his room are amazing, so genuine and kind. They built up there time with him, and he's been so good. They have such a good little bond now he's been there for 2 months. They've never had to call me because they couldn't settle him, or he was upset. And when I take him into nursery when he gets in the building he starts bouncing in my arms because he knows where he's going. He puts his arms out for them to take him. But nothing beats coming home and seeing him for the first time. His face just lights up and he wants cuddles. It's brilliant. And I feel really relaxed at work knowing he's happy, and having fun. Can't wait till he can talk and tell me what he's been up to :) and W is such a social little boy, he's really nosey and interested in people and other kids so it's good to get a little bit of social skills for them :) xx

I'm in my second week of this Hun and this week started easier than last week. I cried Monday tues last week. The tears have stopped. Keep yourself busy is my advice and enjoy the weekends and time u have to do something special. I'm also taking Harry swimming every Thursday night no matter how knackered I am as I want todo something with him during the week also. X x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back